Potters Bar pupils’ Easter egg-travaganza
AFTER being asked to get creative in a competition to design an Easter egg, dozens of Potters Bar primary school pupils cracked it!
More than 60 entries were submitted into the contest by youngsters who attend Little Heath School.
And there were some egg-cellent examples on show – from eggs depicting Prince William and Kate Middleton to decorated chocolate ones.
Year six teacher Louise Martin said: “We had some really interesting ideas, some were very creative.
“The children were told they could decorate any type of egg, so we had real eggs, polystyrene ones and even some decorated chocolate eggs.
You may also want to watch:
“There was even one made out of cardboard which looked like an egg was being cracked in a pan.”
With pupils in every year group given the chance to take part, the keenly-contested competition was judged by the school cook.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Winners – reception: Thomas Morgan; year one: Izzy O’Brien; year two: William Davey; year three: Bailey Irving; year four: Ruby Dyer; year five: Abbie Longley; year six: Scout Irving (with help from year five friend Sabrina Spring).