Potters Bar children win top stage school scholarships
Six entertaining youngsters landed scholarships at Top Hat Stage and Screen School after winning a competition.
More than 60 children from schools across Potters Bar took part in the auditions run jointly by the stage school, which holds weekend lessons in Elm Court Community Centre, as well as across the county, and Hertfordshire County Council.
The prize for the best acts that took part in dance, singing and drama workshops was a scholarship for a whole year, worth more than �900. Hertsmere mayor Peter Knell was called in to present the awards.
He said: “It was a pleasure to come and see so many young people enjoying themselves in singing, dance and drama.
“The look on their faces showed they were really enjoying themselves. “It was an honour to be able to hand out the awards to these dedicated children. From little acorns, big stars do grow.”
You may also want to watch:
Top Hat principal Warren Bacci said: “We ran the scheme as we wanted to find a child who had the passion and the talent for performing, but otherwise couldn’t afford to attend a stage school such as ours.
“It was such a delight to meet so much undiscovered talent from all across Hertsmere and I look forward to next year.”
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics