Bubbly celebrations for Polish school’s fifth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A polish Saturday school in Welwyn Garden City celebrated its fifth birthday last weekend.
The celebration at J. Przybora Polish Saturday School included a workshop on bilingualism and a quiz, which was especially prepared for the anniversary event.
Herts High Sheriff Sarah Beazley said: "There was a happy and inclusive atmosphere throughout, and I enjoyed meeting everyone, delicious food and my go with the children in the giant bubble!
"This is a wonderful example of a group of children, parents and supporters coming together to learn about and maintain their heritage whilst committing to, and integrating into, their local community in Hertfordshire."
Michal Siewniak, honour trustee for the school, said he was "delighted to create a new chapter of the history of the Polish community in Welwyn Hatfield".
You may also want to watch:
The event, organised at the Focolare Centre in Welwyn Garden City, was attended by more than 200 people.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?