Bubbly celebrations for Polish school’s fifth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A polish Saturday school in Welwyn Garden City celebrated its fifth birthday last weekend.
The celebration at J. Przybora Polish Saturday School included a workshop on bilingualism and a quiz, which was especially prepared for the anniversary event.
Herts High Sheriff Sarah Beazley said: "There was a happy and inclusive atmosphere throughout, and I enjoyed meeting everyone, delicious food and my go with the children in the giant bubble!
"This is a wonderful example of a group of children, parents and supporters coming together to learn about and maintain their heritage whilst committing to, and integrating into, their local community in Hertfordshire."
Michal Siewniak, honour trustee for the school, said he was "delighted to create a new chapter of the history of the Polish community in Welwyn Hatfield".
You may also want to watch:
The event, organised at the Focolare Centre in Welwyn Garden City, was attended by more than 200 people.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan