Bubbly celebrations for Polish school’s fifth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A polish Saturday school in Welwyn Garden City celebrated its fifth birthday last weekend.
The celebration at J. Przybora Polish Saturday School included a workshop on bilingualism and a quiz, which was especially prepared for the anniversary event.
Herts High Sheriff Sarah Beazley said: "There was a happy and inclusive atmosphere throughout, and I enjoyed meeting everyone, delicious food and my go with the children in the giant bubble!
"This is a wonderful example of a group of children, parents and supporters coming together to learn about and maintain their heritage whilst committing to, and integrating into, their local community in Hertfordshire."
Michal Siewniak, honour trustee for the school, said he was "delighted to create a new chapter of the history of the Polish community in Welwyn Hatfield".
You may also want to watch:
The event, organised at the Focolare Centre in Welwyn Garden City, was attended by more than 200 people.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 3 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 8 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents