Pirates take over Potters Bar school’s World Book Day
TO celebrate World Book Day the pupils of a Potters Bar school donned their pirate outfits.
Lochinver House School in Heath Road was overrun with marauding pirates on Thursday as the boys celebrated the national day of books and reading.
Youngsters took part in a veritable “treasure trove” of activities, such as a pirate quiz and storywriting, which were linked to every aspect of the curriculum.
Author Pete Johnson also visited the children and signed copies of his new book, Spook School.
A school spokeswoman said: “All the boys and the staff dressed the part and special displays were mounted to enhance the nautical atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
“The day began with a short drama production from Year six called The Treasure of Their Dreams and the pre-rep department gave a rousing rendition of Portside Pirates to get everyone in the mood.
“A great day was had by all and no-one had to walk the plank!”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement