Pirates take over Potters Bar school’s World Book Day
TO celebrate World Book Day the pupils of a Potters Bar school donned their pirate outfits.
Lochinver House School in Heath Road was overrun with marauding pirates on Thursday as the boys celebrated the national day of books and reading.
Youngsters took part in a veritable “treasure trove” of activities, such as a pirate quiz and storywriting, which were linked to every aspect of the curriculum.
Author Pete Johnson also visited the children and signed copies of his new book, Spook School.
A school spokeswoman said: “All the boys and the staff dressed the part and special displays were mounted to enhance the nautical atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
“The day began with a short drama production from Year six called The Treasure of Their Dreams and the pre-rep department gave a rousing rendition of Portside Pirates to get everyone in the mood.
“A great day was had by all and no-one had to walk the plank!”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago