Oxford beckons for Bishop's Hatfield girl
A Hatfield school is celebrating sending a high-achiever to Oxford. Bishop s Hatfield Girls School headteacher Theo Nickson said: A superb set of A Level results with a 99.3 per cent pass rate with 53 per cent of all grades being
A Hatfield school is celebrating sending a high-achiever to Oxford.
Bishop's Hatfield Girls' School headteacher Theo Nickson said: "A superb set of A Level results with a 99.3 per cent pass rate with 53 per cent of all grades being either an A or a B.
"We are very pleased that an outstanding number of our girls have been accepted onto their first choice of university, including Sarah McCready who goes up to the University of Oxford to read history.
"Being a comparatively small sixth form enables us to give very individualised support and guidance to each girl when making difficult choices about university while at the same time we benefit from our involvement in the Welwyn Hatfield Consortium through which we can offer the girls the widest possible choice of A-level subjects by working collaboratively with our local schools.
You may also want to watch:
"All the hard work put in by the girls and their teachers has definitely paid off and we wish all our leavers the very best of luck in the future, whether they are heading for more study, employment or spending some time travelling.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 7 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses