‘Outstanding’ Ofsted for Welwyn Garden City deaf school
A SCHOOL for deaf children has received an “outstanding” grade in its latest Ofsted report.
Knightsfield School in WGC, a day and residential school for children with severe or profound hearing impairment, was this week praised by education inspectors for its overall effectiveness and capacity for sustained improvement.
The education regulator also gave oustanding marks in quality of teaching, management and leadership and safeguarding of pupils.
The Ofsted report read: “Knightsfield offers an outstanding provision.
“Inspirational leadership and management of the headteacher and senior managers, and the excellent commitment of carefully recruited staff ensure standards and expectations are very high.
“Safeguarding is a very high priority and equality of opportunity is central to the school’s work because each student is valued. Hence, students are extremely well cared for and achieve their very best.”
It is not the first time the school, based in the grounds of Monk’s Walk School in Knightsfield, has received an “oustanding” report from Ofsted.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Cuffley home care company recognised among best in east of England
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
- 8 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 9 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 10 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
The school was given top marks at its last inspection in 2007, and last year the residential facility was also marked as outstanding.
Headteacher Lucy Leith said: “Our school has continued to flourish since our last outstanding inspection.
“We are all very proud that we have received this recognition of the commitment of pupils, parents, staff and governors.”