Brookmans Park school maintains high standards after inspection
- Credit: Archant
A Brookmans Park school, rated ‘good’, has come out of its latest brush with the Ofsted inspector unscathed.
Chancellor’s School had its last full Ofsted inspection in September 2014, when it was found to be ‘good’.
Four years later, a short inspection has found that “the leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school”.
In a letter to headteacher David Croston on October 22, inspectors wrote: “You and other leaders are rightly proud of the improvements made to the school since you became headteacher.”
The report commended the pupils’ behaviour and attitude to learning, saying they clearly enjoy school.
You may also want to watch:
Safeguarding is high, with Year 7 pupils following a ‘how to thrive’ curriculum that includes topics such as the use of social media, equalities, anxiety and body image; while sixth formers value the learning days where they explore topics about personal safety in the face of issues like gang crime, drugs and relationships.
When it comes to disadvantaged pupils, who had not progressed as well as they should in 2017, “leaders are aware that not all of their strategies have been successful”. However, the school has continued to adapt its approach.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
Another area of previous concern, pupils with special educational needs, were found to be well supported.