New year, new headteacher for Brookmans Park school
THE new year has brought a new man in charge at Chancellor’s School, in Brookmans Park.
David Croston, formerly deputy head at Friern Barnet School, started as Chancellor’s permanent headteacher at the start of the spring term.
After completing his first week in the post, Mr Croston said of his first few days: “I have thoroughly enjoyed my first week.
“A school is defined by its members and it has been a pleasure to meet the staff and students of Chancellor’s and to observe the teaching and learning here.”
Mr Croston has had a long wait for the start of his first headship, having been appointed back in July.
You may also want to watch:
“I have been involved in the leadership of Chancellor’s behind the scenes since July, so it is excellent to be here, leading the school outright at last.
“My priority has been to form positive and purposeful relationships. I was lucky enough to have time with the staff on the first day where I could set out my expectations and vision,” he said.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
Since last April, Chancellor’s School had been led by executive headteacher, Josephine Valentine, and associate headteacher, Geoff Butler, both of St Clement Danes, in Chorleywood.
Mr Croston’s first week ended with Chancellor’s annual presentation evening at which he spoke about the successes of last year’s students.
He said: “It was wonderful to speak of the remarkable accomplishments of our students and to meet their proud parents.
“I know that there will be many, many occasions like this, to experience and celebrate our students’ superb achievements.”