New Progress 8 results released for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools
- Credit: © Royalty-Free/CORBIS
Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools have received their Progress 8 scores – the Government’s new measurement for pupil achievement introduced last year.
The figure reflects pupils’ improvement between leaving primary school and finishing secondary school, based on results from eight qualifications, including English, maths, science, history and geography.
The average Progress 8 score for English mainstream schools is -0.03.
Typically schools score between -1 and +1, with those below -0.5 possibly coming under increased scrutiny.
For 2016, Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ scored 0.31, with 84 per cent of students gaining an A*-C in English and maths.
You may also want to watch:
Onslow St Audrey’s Progress 8 result was -0.28, with 48 per cent of pupils getting an A*-C in the two key subjects.
In Welwyn Garden City, Stanborough School scored -0.11, (66 per cent A*-C), Monk’s Walk got -0.07 (68 per cent A*-C), and Sir Frederic Osborn got -0.42 (44 per cent A*-C).
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
Knightsfield, a special school for deaf children, scored -1.58 in Progress 8.
Potters Bar’s Dame Alice Owen’s got 0.47, with 95 per cent of pupils getting A*-C in English and maths, Chancellor’s scored -0.08 (71 per cent A*-C) and Mount Grace got -0.23 (52 per cent A*-C).