New Progress 8 results released for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools
- Credit: © Royalty-Free/CORBIS
Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools have received their Progress 8 scores – the Government’s new measurement for pupil achievement introduced last year.
The figure reflects pupils’ improvement between leaving primary school and finishing secondary school, based on results from eight qualifications, including English, maths, science, history and geography.
The average Progress 8 score for English mainstream schools is -0.03.
Typically schools score between -1 and +1, with those below -0.5 possibly coming under increased scrutiny.
For 2016, Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ scored 0.31, with 84 per cent of students gaining an A*-C in English and maths.
Onslow St Audrey’s Progress 8 result was -0.28, with 48 per cent of pupils getting an A*-C in the two key subjects.
In Welwyn Garden City, Stanborough School scored -0.11, (66 per cent A*-C), Monk’s Walk got -0.07 (68 per cent A*-C), and Sir Frederic Osborn got -0.42 (44 per cent A*-C).
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 5 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Cuffley home care company recognised among best in east of England
- 9 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 10 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
Knightsfield, a special school for deaf children, scored -1.58 in Progress 8.
Potters Bar’s Dame Alice Owen’s got 0.47, with 95 per cent of pupils getting A*-C in English and maths, Chancellor’s scored -0.08 (71 per cent A*-C) and Mount Grace got -0.23 (52 per cent A*-C).