New Progress 8 results released for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools
- Credit: © Royalty-Free/CORBIS
Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools have received their Progress 8 scores – the Government’s new measurement for pupil achievement introduced last year.
The figure reflects pupils’ improvement between leaving primary school and finishing secondary school, based on results from eight qualifications, including English, maths, science, history and geography.
The average Progress 8 score for English mainstream schools is -0.03.
Typically schools score between -1 and +1, with those below -0.5 possibly coming under increased scrutiny.
For 2016, Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ scored 0.31, with 84 per cent of students gaining an A*-C in English and maths.
You may also want to watch:
Onslow St Audrey’s Progress 8 result was -0.28, with 48 per cent of pupils getting an A*-C in the two key subjects.
In Welwyn Garden City, Stanborough School scored -0.11, (66 per cent A*-C), Monk’s Walk got -0.07 (68 per cent A*-C), and Sir Frederic Osborn got -0.42 (44 per cent A*-C).
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
Knightsfield, a special school for deaf children, scored -1.58 in Progress 8.
Potters Bar’s Dame Alice Owen’s got 0.47, with 95 per cent of pupils getting A*-C in English and maths, Chancellor’s scored -0.08 (71 per cent A*-C) and Mount Grace got -0.23 (52 per cent A*-C).