New Progress 8 results released for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools
- Credit: © Royalty-Free/CORBIS
Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools have received their Progress 8 scores – the Government’s new measurement for pupil achievement introduced last year.
The figure reflects pupils’ improvement between leaving primary school and finishing secondary school, based on results from eight qualifications, including English, maths, science, history and geography.
The average Progress 8 score for English mainstream schools is -0.03.
Typically schools score between -1 and +1, with those below -0.5 possibly coming under increased scrutiny.
For 2016, Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ scored 0.31, with 84 per cent of students gaining an A*-C in English and maths.
You may also want to watch:
Onslow St Audrey’s Progress 8 result was -0.28, with 48 per cent of pupils getting an A*-C in the two key subjects.
In Welwyn Garden City, Stanborough School scored -0.11, (66 per cent A*-C), Monk’s Walk got -0.07 (68 per cent A*-C), and Sir Frederic Osborn got -0.42 (44 per cent A*-C).
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 6 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 7 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Knightsfield, a special school for deaf children, scored -1.58 in Progress 8.
Potters Bar’s Dame Alice Owen’s got 0.47, with 95 per cent of pupils getting A*-C in English and maths, Chancellor’s scored -0.08 (71 per cent A*-C) and Mount Grace got -0.23 (52 per cent A*-C).