New Progress 8 results released for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools
- Credit: © Royalty-Free/CORBIS
Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools have received their Progress 8 scores – the Government’s new measurement for pupil achievement introduced last year.
The figure reflects pupils’ improvement between leaving primary school and finishing secondary school, based on results from eight qualifications, including English, maths, science, history and geography.
The average Progress 8 score for English mainstream schools is -0.03.
Typically schools score between -1 and +1, with those below -0.5 possibly coming under increased scrutiny.
For 2016, Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ scored 0.31, with 84 per cent of students gaining an A*-C in English and maths.
You may also want to watch:
Onslow St Audrey’s Progress 8 result was -0.28, with 48 per cent of pupils getting an A*-C in the two key subjects.
In Welwyn Garden City, Stanborough School scored -0.11, (66 per cent A*-C), Monk’s Walk got -0.07 (68 per cent A*-C), and Sir Frederic Osborn got -0.42 (44 per cent A*-C).
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
Knightsfield, a special school for deaf children, scored -1.58 in Progress 8.
Potters Bar’s Dame Alice Owen’s got 0.47, with 95 per cent of pupils getting A*-C in English and maths, Chancellor’s scored -0.08 (71 per cent A*-C) and Mount Grace got -0.23 (52 per cent A*-C).