New principal for Welwyn Garden City college
A FAMILIAR face at a WGC college has been appointed principal.
Zoe Hancock has been confirmed as the new principal at Oaklands College after taking up the position of interim principal when Mark Dawe left in October.
Previously, Ms Hancock had been deputy principal when she joined The Campus-based college from The British Museum in 2008.
Ms Hancock said of taking reign: “The college is such a vital part of our community and the community is at the heart of the college. I look forward to developing existing local relationships and creating new ones.
“I hope that I can bring fresh ideas and lots of enthusiasm to the role. I am keen to help our learners achieve their potential and take away important life skills from their college experience.”
You may also want to watch:
Phil Thomson, chair of Oaklands Corporation, added: “During this time <Zoe’s spell> she has made a significant contribution to Oaklands’ progress with her passion for making the college a great place to work and her determination to improve the college’s estate.”
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 8 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 9 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images