New principal for Welwyn Garden City college
A FAMILIAR face at a WGC college has been appointed principal.
Zoe Hancock has been confirmed as the new principal at Oaklands College after taking up the position of interim principal when Mark Dawe left in October.
Previously, Ms Hancock had been deputy principal when she joined The Campus-based college from The British Museum in 2008.
Ms Hancock said of taking reign: “The college is such a vital part of our community and the community is at the heart of the college. I look forward to developing existing local relationships and creating new ones.
“I hope that I can bring fresh ideas and lots of enthusiasm to the role. I am keen to help our learners achieve their potential and take away important life skills from their college experience.”
You may also want to watch:
Phil Thomson, chair of Oaklands Corporation, added: “During this time <Zoe’s spell> she has made a significant contribution to Oaklands’ progress with her passion for making the college a great place to work and her determination to improve the college’s estate.”
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist