New principal for Welwyn Garden City college
A FAMILIAR face at a WGC college has been appointed principal.
Zoe Hancock has been confirmed as the new principal at Oaklands College after taking up the position of interim principal when Mark Dawe left in October.
Previously, Ms Hancock had been deputy principal when she joined The Campus-based college from The British Museum in 2008.
Ms Hancock said of taking reign: “The college is such a vital part of our community and the community is at the heart of the college. I look forward to developing existing local relationships and creating new ones.
“I hope that I can bring fresh ideas and lots of enthusiasm to the role. I am keen to help our learners achieve their potential and take away important life skills from their college experience.”
You may also want to watch:
Phil Thomson, chair of Oaklands Corporation, added: “During this time <Zoe’s spell> she has made a significant contribution to Oaklands’ progress with her passion for making the college a great place to work and her determination to improve the college’s estate.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield's links to new Disney+ series WandaVision