Inspiring new garden for Hatfield nursery school opened by Lady Salisbury
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Lady Salisbury cut the ribbon at the grand opening of a stimulating new Hatfield preschool garden on Monday.
The renovation at Birchwood Nursery took an “uninspiring” space with old facilities and has turned it into a bit of a wonderland for the children.
The large garden, previously covered by a large canopy and a climbing frame over a decade old, now has water features, a mud kitchen, a planting and growing area, and a great big sandpit.
“There’s a lot of things for the children to investigate and experience and give them a real stimulating environment,” said preschool manager Angela Cumming, adding that as an extension of the classroom, it would encourage discovery and risk-taking.
“The kids absolutely love it,” she added. “When we took them out there initially they just looked in amazement.
You may also want to watch:
“Now there’s masses of space for them.”
It wasn’t just a hit with the kids - even Lady Salisbury mucked in and began making sandcastles with the little ones at the grand opening on November 26.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
The project is the result of ongoing fundraising to raise around £35,000.