Musician Nitin Sawhney awarded honourary doctorate by the University of Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
A music mogul has been awarded an honourary doctorate by the University of Hertfordshire.
Mercury Music Award nominee and MOBO Award winner Nitin Sawhney was given an honourary doctor of arts at a ceremony yesterday (Tuesday).
Sawhney, whose albums inlude critically-acclaimed Beyond Skin and Prophesy, has also scored more than 50 films.
He was recognised for his creative contribution in the arts, education and the community.
After he was presented with the doctorate, he said he was “humbled”, and added: “I applaud the huge success of the University - particularly over such a short space of time since its inception.”
You may also want to watch:
Sawhey joined 5,500 graduates at a ceremony at the Cathedral and Abbey Church of St Albans.
Reading the citation, Julie Newlan, pro vice-chancellor of enterprise at the Hatfield-based university said: “Nitin Sawhney is a unique musical talent. It is an honour to pay tribute to his many talents and achievements through his work as a composer, producer and multi-instrumentalist.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign