Musician Nitin Sawhney awarded honourary doctorate by the University of Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
A music mogul has been awarded an honourary doctorate by the University of Hertfordshire.
Mercury Music Award nominee and MOBO Award winner Nitin Sawhney was given an honourary doctor of arts at a ceremony yesterday (Tuesday).
Sawhney, whose albums inlude critically-acclaimed Beyond Skin and Prophesy, has also scored more than 50 films.
He was recognised for his creative contribution in the arts, education and the community.
After he was presented with the doctorate, he said he was “humbled”, and added: “I applaud the huge success of the University - particularly over such a short space of time since its inception.”
You may also want to watch:
Sawhey joined 5,500 graduates at a ceremony at the Cathedral and Abbey Church of St Albans.
Reading the citation, Julie Newlan, pro vice-chancellor of enterprise at the Hatfield-based university said: “Nitin Sawhney is a unique musical talent. It is an honour to pay tribute to his many talents and achievements through his work as a composer, producer and multi-instrumentalist.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 8 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 9 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man