Musician Nitin Sawhney awarded honourary doctorate by the University of Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
A music mogul has been awarded an honourary doctorate by the University of Hertfordshire.
Mercury Music Award nominee and MOBO Award winner Nitin Sawhney was given an honourary doctor of arts at a ceremony yesterday (Tuesday).
Sawhney, whose albums inlude critically-acclaimed Beyond Skin and Prophesy, has also scored more than 50 films.
He was recognised for his creative contribution in the arts, education and the community.
After he was presented with the doctorate, he said he was “humbled”, and added: “I applaud the huge success of the University - particularly over such a short space of time since its inception.”
You may also want to watch:
Sawhey joined 5,500 graduates at a ceremony at the Cathedral and Abbey Church of St Albans.
Reading the citation, Julie Newlan, pro vice-chancellor of enterprise at the Hatfield-based university said: “Nitin Sawhney is a unique musical talent. It is an honour to pay tribute to his many talents and achievements through his work as a composer, producer and multi-instrumentalist.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 What time will the election results come in?
- 7 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault