MP Grant Shapps quizzed by pupils at Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps was quizzed by Hatfield pupils during a visit as part of their Life Skills lesson.
The former Tory Party chairman attended Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School and was grilled by around 40 students about his role as an MP.
Mr Shapps was also questioned on plans for Brexit, possible changes to the voting system, and a key issue for the inquisitive pupils – student fee tuition loans.
One of Bishop’s Hatfield’s head girls, Izzy Cardy, said: “It was good to get an insight into the work of politicians and to have the opportunity to question Mr Shapps about local and national issues.
“It brought politics a little closer to home.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shapps said he was impressed with the level of questioning, adding: “It’s fantastic to know how engaged young people are in local and national issues which can only be a benefit to our community as a whole.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton