MP Grant Shapps quizzed by pupils at Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps was quizzed by Hatfield pupils during a visit as part of their Life Skills lesson.
The former Tory Party chairman attended Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School and was grilled by around 40 students about his role as an MP.
Mr Shapps was also questioned on plans for Brexit, possible changes to the voting system, and a key issue for the inquisitive pupils – student fee tuition loans.
One of Bishop’s Hatfield’s head girls, Izzy Cardy, said: “It was good to get an insight into the work of politicians and to have the opportunity to question Mr Shapps about local and national issues.
“It brought politics a little closer to home.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shapps said he was impressed with the level of questioning, adding: “It’s fantastic to know how engaged young people are in local and national issues which can only be a benefit to our community as a whole.”
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?