MP Grant Shapps quizzed by pupils at Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps was quizzed by Hatfield pupils during a visit as part of their Life Skills lesson.
The former Tory Party chairman attended Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School and was grilled by around 40 students about his role as an MP.
Mr Shapps was also questioned on plans for Brexit, possible changes to the voting system, and a key issue for the inquisitive pupils – student fee tuition loans.
One of Bishop’s Hatfield’s head girls, Izzy Cardy, said: “It was good to get an insight into the work of politicians and to have the opportunity to question Mr Shapps about local and national issues.
“It brought politics a little closer to home.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shapps said he was impressed with the level of questioning, adding: “It’s fantastic to know how engaged young people are in local and national issues which can only be a benefit to our community as a whole.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 6 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 7 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 8 Code Ninjas: Family launches club to teach kids how to code
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree