MP Grant Shapps quizzed by pupils at Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield MP Grant Shapps was quizzed by Hatfield pupils during a visit as part of their Life Skills lesson.
The former Tory Party chairman attended Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School and was grilled by around 40 students about his role as an MP.
Mr Shapps was also questioned on plans for Brexit, possible changes to the voting system, and a key issue for the inquisitive pupils – student fee tuition loans.
One of Bishop’s Hatfield’s head girls, Izzy Cardy, said: “It was good to get an insight into the work of politicians and to have the opportunity to question Mr Shapps about local and national issues.
“It brought politics a little closer to home.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Shapps said he was impressed with the level of questioning, adding: “It’s fantastic to know how engaged young people are in local and national issues which can only be a benefit to our community as a whole.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street