Monty Don set to appear at Living Crafts show in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
A celebrity gardener will be in Hatfield on Friday at an event celebrating the best of British craft making.
Monty Don is set to appear at Hatfield House as part of the four-day Living Crafts show.
The event will be opened tomorrow (Thursday) by Welwyn Hatfield mayor Howard Morgan.
It is the 40th year the heritage event has been held, with organisers promising an exciting spectacle.
Robin Younger, the show’s organiser, said: “To celebrate our 40th Anniversary we are planning a craft extravaganza with both contemporary and heritage craft of the highest quality and will welcome highly-skilled designer-makers from across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be plenty of new features and this year we are delighted to welcome the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust, who further British craftsmanship through grants and education and The Prince’s Trust, which has inspired and changed the lives of budding craftsmen and women across the country.”
It runs from 10am to 5pm each day between tomorrow and Sunday.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 10 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
Tickets on the door cost £9.50 for adults, £9 for seniors, £4.50 for children, or family tickets cost £23.