Monty Don set to appear at Living Crafts show in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
A celebrity gardener will be in Hatfield on Friday at an event celebrating the best of British craft making.
Monty Don is set to appear at Hatfield House as part of the four-day Living Crafts show.
The event will be opened tomorrow (Thursday) by Welwyn Hatfield mayor Howard Morgan.
It is the 40th year the heritage event has been held, with organisers promising an exciting spectacle.
Robin Younger, the show’s organiser, said: “To celebrate our 40th Anniversary we are planning a craft extravaganza with both contemporary and heritage craft of the highest quality and will welcome highly-skilled designer-makers from across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be plenty of new features and this year we are delighted to welcome the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust, who further British craftsmanship through grants and education and The Prince’s Trust, which has inspired and changed the lives of budding craftsmen and women across the country.”
It runs from 10am to 5pm each day between tomorrow and Sunday.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
Tickets on the door cost £9.50 for adults, £9 for seniors, £4.50 for children, or family tickets cost £23.