Five on Welwyn Garden City school trip self-isolate due to coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
After travelling to northern Italy for a Welwyn Garden City school ski trip, five participants have been told to self-isolate due to coronavirus.
Monk's Walk School said, on their Facebook page, that participants were advised by the NHS' 111 service to stay inside as a "precautionary measure".
They added, yesterday, that: "Some, but not all of this number have been told they will receive an appointment for a swab test.
"The appointment could take up to three days to come through.
"There remains no confirmed cases of coronavirus and the advice for parents and carers remains the same."
You may also want to watch:
On behalf of the school, a Herts County Council spokesperson said: "The school is open as usual and we are following all the latest advice and guidance from Public Health England."
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts