Five on Welwyn Garden City school trip self-isolate due to coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
After travelling to northern Italy for a Welwyn Garden City school ski trip, five participants have been told to self-isolate due to coronavirus.
Monk's Walk School said, on their Facebook page, that participants were advised by the NHS' 111 service to stay inside as a "precautionary measure".
They added, yesterday, that: "Some, but not all of this number have been told they will receive an appointment for a swab test.
"The appointment could take up to three days to come through.
"There remains no confirmed cases of coronavirus and the advice for parents and carers remains the same."
You may also want to watch:
On behalf of the school, a Herts County Council spokesperson said: "The school is open as usual and we are following all the latest advice and guidance from Public Health England."
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition