A-level results 2018: Monk’s Walk School pupils’ hard work pays off
- Credit: Archant
Monk’s Walk School in Welwyn Garden City is celebrating a “pleasing” set of A-level results, says head teacher Kate Smith.
The school told the Welwyn Hatfield Times that six students gained all A* or A grades, with another nine gaining two A* or A grades.
Almost all students who applied have gained a place to study at their first or second choice of university, including some who have secured coveted places at Russell Group and Oxbridge.
Students will be studying a broad range of degrees and post-A-level courses, including maths, medicine, veterinary science and arts courses.
Others have already secured apprenticeship places.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher Kate Smith said: “We are very pleased with the results overall which reflect the hard work of our students and staff and the brilliant support we receive from our parents.
“These results come in the face of changes made nationally which make A-levels more challenging, and our students and staff have coped brilliantly.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
“I would like to say a personal congratulations to all of our students and wish them all the best for the future.”