Mixed exam success revealed for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools
- Credit: Archant
GCSE school exam results were results published last week, strong across Hertfordshire, but very mixed in Welwyn Hatfield.
Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School achieved easily the best results of any state comprehensive in the borough, improving on last year by six per cent to hit 79 per cent scoring the benchmark five A* to C grades including English and maths.
Headteacher Theo Nickson said: “I am very proud of all the hard work of our students and staff.
“The girls work very hard, and the teachers really support them.
“I am particularly pleased about the progress made by our disadvantaged students”
You may also want to watch:
But results deteriorated at several schools, including Stanborough, once supreme in the borough, but now, at 54 per cent, below the national average of 57.3 per cent hitting the benchmark.
For a full report and table of results at all Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools, see the Welwyn Hatfield Times, on sale in shops.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 5 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed