Mixed exam success revealed for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools
- Credit: Archant
GCSE school exam results were results published last week, strong across Hertfordshire, but very mixed in Welwyn Hatfield.
Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School achieved easily the best results of any state comprehensive in the borough, improving on last year by six per cent to hit 79 per cent scoring the benchmark five A* to C grades including English and maths.
Headteacher Theo Nickson said: “I am very proud of all the hard work of our students and staff.
“The girls work very hard, and the teachers really support them.
“I am particularly pleased about the progress made by our disadvantaged students”
But results deteriorated at several schools, including Stanborough, once supreme in the borough, but now, at 54 per cent, below the national average of 57.3 per cent hitting the benchmark.
For a full report and table of results at all Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools, see the Welwyn Hatfield Times, on sale in shops.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 6 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 From Russia with love... Catherine The Great series returns to Hatfield for season two of period drama
- 10 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting