Mixed exam success revealed for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools
- Credit: Archant
GCSE school exam results were results published last week, strong across Hertfordshire, but very mixed in Welwyn Hatfield.
Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School achieved easily the best results of any state comprehensive in the borough, improving on last year by six per cent to hit 79 per cent scoring the benchmark five A* to C grades including English and maths.
Headteacher Theo Nickson said: “I am very proud of all the hard work of our students and staff.
“The girls work very hard, and the teachers really support them.
“I am particularly pleased about the progress made by our disadvantaged students”
You may also want to watch:
But results deteriorated at several schools, including Stanborough, once supreme in the borough, but now, at 54 per cent, below the national average of 57.3 per cent hitting the benchmark.
For a full report and table of results at all Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar schools, see the Welwyn Hatfield Times, on sale in shops.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?