Lemsford pre-school relocation row in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Tempers flared as pre-school teachers angrily told councillors they had been unfairly thrown out of their premises.
Hatfield Town Council leader Lenny Brandon repeatedly asked staff members of the Annabels Montessori School to calm down and lower their voices at a meeting on Wednesday night.
One protested: “We did not even have notice. It is completely wrong. There has been no empathy.”
Councillor Brandon said that the school had been offered Roe Hill Hall, Hatfield as an alternative to Lemsford Village Hall, where the authority plans a major refurbishment staring next month.
But independent councillor Heather Ciarleglio said the authority should have been more sensitive, and suggested a private meeting to soothe feelings.
You may also want to watch:
The school representatives said they have now relocated to a venue in Haldens, Welwyn Garden City, but both this and Roe Hill Hall were much less convenient than Lemsford.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 3 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 4 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth