Lemsford pre-school relocation row in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Tempers flared as pre-school teachers angrily told councillors they had been unfairly thrown out of their premises.
Hatfield Town Council leader Lenny Brandon repeatedly asked staff members of the Annabels Montessori School to calm down and lower their voices at a meeting on Wednesday night.
One protested: “We did not even have notice. It is completely wrong. There has been no empathy.”
Councillor Brandon said that the school had been offered Roe Hill Hall, Hatfield as an alternative to Lemsford Village Hall, where the authority plans a major refurbishment staring next month.
But independent councillor Heather Ciarleglio said the authority should have been more sensitive, and suggested a private meeting to soothe feelings.
You may also want to watch:
The school representatives said they have now relocated to a venue in Haldens, Welwyn Garden City, but both this and Roe Hill Hall were much less convenient than Lemsford.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched