Lemsford pre-school relocation row in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Tempers flared as pre-school teachers angrily told councillors they had been unfairly thrown out of their premises.
Hatfield Town Council leader Lenny Brandon repeatedly asked staff members of the Annabels Montessori School to calm down and lower their voices at a meeting on Wednesday night.
One protested: “We did not even have notice. It is completely wrong. There has been no empathy.”
Councillor Brandon said that the school had been offered Roe Hill Hall, Hatfield as an alternative to Lemsford Village Hall, where the authority plans a major refurbishment staring next month.
But independent councillor Heather Ciarleglio said the authority should have been more sensitive, and suggested a private meeting to soothe feelings.
You may also want to watch:
The school representatives said they have now relocated to a venue in Haldens, Welwyn Garden City, but both this and Roe Hill Hall were much less convenient than Lemsford.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued