Joyful celebration of new Hatfield school building
- Credit: Archant
Staff, parents and pupils across the generations united to celebrate a Hatfield’s secondary school’s new building.
Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School held an open day , complete with live music and a fireworks display, of its new main building in Woods Avenue, completed over a four-year project as part of a special government programme.
Headteacher Theodora Nickson said: “Happy faces were everywhere - so many people who have supported us through this journey over the last four years were finally able to see what it was all about. I lost count of the number of ‘Wows’ as people moved around the light and airy surroundings.
“Everyone had their favourite spot - the sports hall, the dance studio and the library were among the top favourites.
“We consider ourselves very fortunate to have such a wonderful learning environment for our pupils.
You may also want to watch:
“All young people deserve to be educated in surroundings conducive to learning, and I urge the Government to find the funds to make all school buildings fit for all our children who will shape the future.”
School spokeswoman Fautrero-Sayer added: “We were particularly delighted to welcome back former pupils, some of whom attended the opening of the original building in 1960, and also staff who taught in our school throughout the last 47 years.”
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
- 10 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced