New language centre to open in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
A new language centre providing Mandarin, Korean and Japanese tuition is set to be unveiled in WGC.
Welwyn Hatfield mayor Lynne Sparks will be on hand for the official opening of the newly-formed WGC Language and Tuition Centre on Saturday, November 25.
The centre is based at Howlands Baptist Church in The Commons.
Managing director Chunping Bush said: “We aim to serve the growing Asian community in the Welwyn Hatfield area and local people who want to have the advantage of having a good command of Asian languages for their business and travel.
“This is the start of our exciting journey as a part of the Welwyn Hatfield community.”
You may also want to watch:
The school is officially affiliated with the London Confucius Institute as an official test Centre for Mandarin proficiency test (HSK), Youth Chinese Test (YCT), Business Chinese Test (BCT).
The institute is a non-profit organisation that aims to promote Chinese language learning and teaching.
- 1 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 2 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 3 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 4 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday