Igloo built... in a classroom!
NOT many children can boast having an igloo in their classroom.
Well, reception class pupils at Tewin Cowper School can.
The construction was the inspiration of teacher Katie Wright who, as part of a project learning about winter, decided the youngsters should actually see an igloo being built, block by block, in their classroom.
With support from the Tewin community, who supplied the required building blocks – four litre milk cartons – and the construction skills of school caretaker Bob Morgans, the dwelling evolved.
A spokesman for the Cannons Meadow school said the project complemented their new drive to be eco-aware and support sustainability.
You may also want to watch:
“The igloo is both sturdy and capacious, housing up to four pupils at one time for their role-play fun,” the spokesman said.
“The problem will now be how to dismantle it!”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses