Igloo built... in a classroom!
NOT many children can boast having an igloo in their classroom.
Well, reception class pupils at Tewin Cowper School can.
The construction was the inspiration of teacher Katie Wright who, as part of a project learning about winter, decided the youngsters should actually see an igloo being built, block by block, in their classroom.
With support from the Tewin community, who supplied the required building blocks – four litre milk cartons – and the construction skills of school caretaker Bob Morgans, the dwelling evolved.
A spokesman for the Cannons Meadow school said the project complemented their new drive to be eco-aware and support sustainability.
You may also want to watch:
“The igloo is both sturdy and capacious, housing up to four pupils at one time for their role-play fun,” the spokesman said.
“The problem will now be how to dismantle it!”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 What time will the election results come in?
- 3 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say