Ice creams all round as Welwyn Garden City school celebrates Ofsted success
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City primary school had a visit from an ice cream van to celebrate its successful recent Ofsted inspection.
The review of Homerswood Primary and Nursery School in Kirklands resulted in an overall Ofsted rating of Good, after achieving that benchmark across five measures against which it was assessed.
Inspectors spent two days at the school on January 22 and 23 observing classes, conducting interviews and scrutinising self-evaluation documents and parent questionnaires.
Their report noted the school’s leaders had brought about rapid improvements in teaching and outcomes for pupils this academic year.
It stated that “teachers have good expectations of pupil’s progress” and “their high expectations of behaviour are reflected in pupils’ positive attitudes towards learning.”
You may also want to watch:
The school also achieved a Good rating at its last inspection in 2015.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 9 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright