High pass rate at Stanborough School in Welwyn Garden City
99 per cent of pupils at Stanborough School in WGC passed with at least two A-levels. Headteacher Peter Brown said: Students are celebrating their best ever A and As level results this year. At A-level, over 43 per cent of the results were A and B
99 per cent of pupils at Stanborough School in WGC passed with at least two A-levels.
Headteacher Peter Brown said: "Students are celebrating their best ever A and As level results this year.
"At A-level, over 43 per cent of the results were A and B grades.
"The average points score was the school's highest ever, at 668, while the average points score for girls was a remarkable 723.
You may also want to watch:
"Particular congratulations should go to Ashia Stenhouse, headboy Joe Hague and Emily Duffell, all of whom gained three grade As.
""At As level, 40 per cent of the results were A and B grades, with an average points score per student of 300 - our highest ever.
- 1 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 5 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 6 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 7 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 8 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 9 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases
- 10 Brookmans Park pub celebrates welcoming back visitors on April 12
"Notable results were received by Jonathan Elliott (4 grade As), Ioanna Drymoni and Natasha Gasson (4 As and a B), Tom Bensley and Victoria Edgerley-Andrews (3 As and a B) and Laurie Goodman (3 As and a C).
"We offer our congratulations to our students and their teachers for their hard work, and recognise the important support of families at this important time for students.