High pass rate at Stanborough School in Welwyn Garden City
99 per cent of pupils at Stanborough School in WGC passed with at least two A-levels. Headteacher Peter Brown said: Students are celebrating their best ever A and As level results this year. At A-level, over 43 per cent of the results were A and B
99 per cent of pupils at Stanborough School in WGC passed with at least two A-levels.
Headteacher Peter Brown said: "Students are celebrating their best ever A and As level results this year.
"At A-level, over 43 per cent of the results were A and B grades.
"The average points score was the school's highest ever, at 668, while the average points score for girls was a remarkable 723.
You may also want to watch:
"Particular congratulations should go to Ashia Stenhouse, headboy Joe Hague and Emily Duffell, all of whom gained three grade As.
""At As level, 40 per cent of the results were A and B grades, with an average points score per student of 300 - our highest ever.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
"Notable results were received by Jonathan Elliott (4 grade As), Ioanna Drymoni and Natasha Gasson (4 As and a B), Tom Bensley and Victoria Edgerley-Andrews (3 As and a B) and Laurie Goodman (3 As and a C).
"We offer our congratulations to our students and their teachers for their hard work, and recognise the important support of families at this important time for students.