University of Hertfordshire shortlisted in the ‘Oscars of higher education’
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The University of Hertfordshire has been shortlisted in four categories for the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards.
Widely referred to as the ‘Oscars of higher education’, the THE award category shortlistings have singled out the institution’s teaching, research and collaboration with business.
The university is up for the top award of Outstanding Entrepreneurial University.
Theo Gilbert, from the Humanities department has been shortlisted as Most Innovative Teacher of the Year.
A research project on decontamination after chemical attacks, led by Professor Rob Chilcott, has been shortlisted for Research Project of the Year in the science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) category.
You may also want to watch:
Professor Jonathan Morris, known as the ‘coffee historian’, has been jointly shortlisted with Nespresso for the Most Innovative Contribution to Business-University Collaboration.
Vice-chancellor Quintin McKellar said: “My congratulations go to Theo, Rob and Jonathan.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 8 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
“It fills me with pride to be working alongside colleagues who are dedicated to developing expertise in teaching and research which is of huge benefit for our students, businesses, and the wider population.”
The THE Awards, which are now in their 14th year, are the most comprehensive in the sector, with 18 categories in total, covering the full range of university activity.
The winners will be announced on Thursday November 29 at a gala ceremony at Grosvenor House Hotel in Mayfair.