University of Hertfordshire shortlisted in the ‘Oscars of higher education’
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The University of Hertfordshire has been shortlisted in four categories for the Times Higher Education (THE) Awards.
Widely referred to as the ‘Oscars of higher education’, the THE award category shortlistings have singled out the institution’s teaching, research and collaboration with business.
The university is up for the top award of Outstanding Entrepreneurial University.
Theo Gilbert, from the Humanities department has been shortlisted as Most Innovative Teacher of the Year.
A research project on decontamination after chemical attacks, led by Professor Rob Chilcott, has been shortlisted for Research Project of the Year in the science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) category.
Professor Jonathan Morris, known as the ‘coffee historian’, has been jointly shortlisted with Nespresso for the Most Innovative Contribution to Business-University Collaboration.
Vice-chancellor Quintin McKellar said: “My congratulations go to Theo, Rob and Jonathan.
- 1 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 4 'Friendship zone' created in Welwyn school
- 5 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 6 Queensway House still not fully fireproof
- 7 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 8 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 9 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 10 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
“It fills me with pride to be working alongside colleagues who are dedicated to developing expertise in teaching and research which is of huge benefit for our students, businesses, and the wider population.”
The THE Awards, which are now in their 14th year, are the most comprehensive in the sector, with 18 categories in total, covering the full range of university activity.
The winners will be announced on Thursday November 29 at a gala ceremony at Grosvenor House Hotel in Mayfair.