Hertfordshire schools invited to enter #HertsGreatSchools week
- Credit: Archant
Hertfordshire County Council is launching its first ever #HertsGreatSchools week to celebrate schools across the county.
#HertsGreatSchools week is an opportunity for all schools in Hertfordshire to enter a short film, photo or statement explaining why their school is great.
Whether pupils think their school has the best maths or PE teacher, or they love the school’s music or drama lessons, they have the chance to tell everyone why their school is great.
David Williams, cabinet member for education, said: “We are committed to providing high quality education for children across Hertfordshire, and #HertsGreatSchools Week gives all our pupils the chance to tell us what makes their school so great.
“Hertfordshire has some of the best schools in the UK, with 90.5 per cent of our schools rated ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a priority for the county council to make sure young people get the best possible start in life, and we have invested over £200 million expanding schools across the county.
“We hope that schools will get involved with this fantastic new campaign - so we can shine a light on the amazing pupils and teachers in Hertfordshire.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
#HertsGreatSchools week takes place between Monday, October 17 and Friday, October 21. Results will be shared via Twitter and Facebook.
Entries must be submitted by Friday, October 7.