Hertfordshire school place deadline approaches
- Credit: Archant
Parents hoping for primary school places for their children in September have just six days left to apply, County Hall has warned.
The deadline for applying for primary, junior and middle schools applications in Hertfordshire is Sunday, January 15.
County councillor David Williams, cabinet member for education,
said: “We want to make sure young people get a good start in life, and we have some of the best facilities for education in the UK.
“I understand that parents and carers want their children to attend the school they most prefer.
“Hertfordshire has a good track record, and last year 95 per cent of applicants were offered a place at one of their four ranked primary, junior or middle schools.
“However, we are not able to meet everyone’s preferences, despite working very hard to achieve this.
- 1 Primary school drops to 'inadequate' Ofsted rating five years after 'Good' score
- 2 Older woman assaulted in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 4 QEII Hospital to receive million pound investment
- 5 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 6 Where you can get a walk-in booster or vaccine this weekend
- 7 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 8 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 9 Planning inquiry to determine quarry plans for Hatfield Aerodrome closes
- 10 MP Oliver Dowden reacts to Downing Street 'party'
“I would urge parents to carefully consider the preferences they make, to make realistic choices and to visit local schools before applying - and please make sure you meet the deadline for applications.”
Online applications, favoured by 99 per cent of Hertfordshire parents last year, can be made at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions