Hertfordshire school place deadline approaches
- Credit: Archant
Parents hoping for primary school places for their children in September have just six days left to apply, County Hall has warned.
The deadline for applying for primary, junior and middle schools applications in Hertfordshire is Sunday, January 15.
County councillor David Williams, cabinet member for education,
said: “We want to make sure young people get a good start in life, and we have some of the best facilities for education in the UK.
“I understand that parents and carers want their children to attend the school they most prefer.
You may also want to watch:
“Hertfordshire has a good track record, and last year 95 per cent of applicants were offered a place at one of their four ranked primary, junior or middle schools.
“However, we are not able to meet everyone’s preferences, despite working very hard to achieve this.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 9 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
“I would urge parents to carefully consider the preferences they make, to make realistic choices and to visit local schools before applying - and please make sure you meet the deadline for applications.”
Online applications, favoured by 99 per cent of Hertfordshire parents last year, can be made at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions