Hertfordshire school place deadline approaches
- Credit: Archant
Parents hoping for primary school places for their children in September have just six days left to apply, County Hall has warned.
The deadline for applying for primary, junior and middle schools applications in Hertfordshire is Sunday, January 15.
County councillor David Williams, cabinet member for education,
said: “We want to make sure young people get a good start in life, and we have some of the best facilities for education in the UK.
“I understand that parents and carers want their children to attend the school they most prefer.
You may also want to watch:
“Hertfordshire has a good track record, and last year 95 per cent of applicants were offered a place at one of their four ranked primary, junior or middle schools.
“However, we are not able to meet everyone’s preferences, despite working very hard to achieve this.
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 6 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 7 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 8 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event
- 9 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 10 Crashes and flooding on A1(M) and M25 causing delays
“I would urge parents to carefully consider the preferences they make, to make realistic choices and to visit local schools before applying - and please make sure you meet the deadline for applications.”
Online applications, favoured by 99 per cent of Hertfordshire parents last year, can be made at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions