Hertfordshire school place deadline approaches
- Credit: Archant
Parents hoping for primary school places for their children in September have just six days left to apply, County Hall has warned.
The deadline for applying for primary, junior and middle schools applications in Hertfordshire is Sunday, January 15.
County councillor David Williams, cabinet member for education,
said: “We want to make sure young people get a good start in life, and we have some of the best facilities for education in the UK.
“I understand that parents and carers want their children to attend the school they most prefer.
You may also want to watch:
“Hertfordshire has a good track record, and last year 95 per cent of applicants were offered a place at one of their four ranked primary, junior or middle schools.
“However, we are not able to meet everyone’s preferences, despite working very hard to achieve this.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
“I would urge parents to carefully consider the preferences they make, to make realistic choices and to visit local schools before applying - and please make sure you meet the deadline for applications.”
Online applications, favoured by 99 per cent of Hertfordshire parents last year, can be made at www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/admissions