Hertfordshire pre-school’s move scores a hit
CUFFLEY Pre-school has relocated from its old site at Cuffley Youth Community Centre on Station Road, to a new home at Cuffley Football Club.
Despite the building being slightly smaller, manager Linda Lacey is over the moon with the new set-up, claiming there are several benefits.
She told the Potters Bar Edition: “We are absolutely delighted with our new home.
“We have a nice new outdoor play area with sand which the children can play in compared to a patio area at the community centre where sometimes we would find broken glass and the maintenance here is great, there is always someone cutting the grass, keeping the place looking nice and it makes for a nice environment.
“The room we use here is slightly smaller but the place as a whole is miles better, the location, facilities and parking is all wonderful.
You may also want to watch:
“We have to put a fence up and down each day to block the site off outside and one day we are hoping the council will put up a permanent fence for us.”
Mum-of-two Linda also insists another benefit at the pre-school’s new premises is that she feels security is safer.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 6 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
She continued: “At the youth centre there would be a lot of unwanted visitors coming in and out.
“Of course they all might have been innocent people but you never know.
“At one stage there were workers decorating the building I later found out were young offenders, so knowing we have this place all to ourselves is a greater peace of mind.
“We have sent out questionnaires to all parents about our new site and the response has been totally positive.”
With the school summer holidays now upon us the pre-school is offering a holiday club.
n Anyone interested in either the club or pre-school in general should contact Linda on 07508 707155 or visit its new base at Cuffley FC on Northaw Road East.