Hertfordshire pre-school’s move scores a hit
CUFFLEY Pre-school has relocated from its old site at Cuffley Youth Community Centre on Station Road, to a new home at Cuffley Football Club.
Despite the building being slightly smaller, manager Linda Lacey is over the moon with the new set-up, claiming there are several benefits.
She told the Potters Bar Edition: “We are absolutely delighted with our new home.
“We have a nice new outdoor play area with sand which the children can play in compared to a patio area at the community centre where sometimes we would find broken glass and the maintenance here is great, there is always someone cutting the grass, keeping the place looking nice and it makes for a nice environment.
“The room we use here is slightly smaller but the place as a whole is miles better, the location, facilities and parking is all wonderful.
You may also want to watch:
“We have to put a fence up and down each day to block the site off outside and one day we are hoping the council will put up a permanent fence for us.”
Mum-of-two Linda also insists another benefit at the pre-school’s new premises is that she feels security is safer.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
She continued: “At the youth centre there would be a lot of unwanted visitors coming in and out.
“Of course they all might have been innocent people but you never know.
“At one stage there were workers decorating the building I later found out were young offenders, so knowing we have this place all to ourselves is a greater peace of mind.
“We have sent out questionnaires to all parents about our new site and the response has been totally positive.”
With the school summer holidays now upon us the pre-school is offering a holiday club.
n Anyone interested in either the club or pre-school in general should contact Linda on 07508 707155 or visit its new base at Cuffley FC on Northaw Road East.