Hertfordshire pre-school’s move scores a hit
CUFFLEY Pre-school has relocated from its old site at Cuffley Youth Community Centre on Station Road, to a new home at Cuffley Football Club.
Despite the building being slightly smaller, manager Linda Lacey is over the moon with the new set-up, claiming there are several benefits.
She told the Potters Bar Edition: “We are absolutely delighted with our new home.
“We have a nice new outdoor play area with sand which the children can play in compared to a patio area at the community centre where sometimes we would find broken glass and the maintenance here is great, there is always someone cutting the grass, keeping the place looking nice and it makes for a nice environment.
“The room we use here is slightly smaller but the place as a whole is miles better, the location, facilities and parking is all wonderful.
You may also want to watch:
“We have to put a fence up and down each day to block the site off outside and one day we are hoping the council will put up a permanent fence for us.”
Mum-of-two Linda also insists another benefit at the pre-school’s new premises is that she feels security is safer.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 6 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 9 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
She continued: “At the youth centre there would be a lot of unwanted visitors coming in and out.
“Of course they all might have been innocent people but you never know.
“At one stage there were workers decorating the building I later found out were young offenders, so knowing we have this place all to ourselves is a greater peace of mind.
“We have sent out questionnaires to all parents about our new site and the response has been totally positive.”
With the school summer holidays now upon us the pre-school is offering a holiday club.
n Anyone interested in either the club or pre-school in general should contact Linda on 07508 707155 or visit its new base at Cuffley FC on Northaw Road East.