Hertfordshire pre-school’s move scores a hit
CUFFLEY Pre-school has relocated from its old site at Cuffley Youth Community Centre on Station Road, to a new home at Cuffley Football Club.
Despite the building being slightly smaller, manager Linda Lacey is over the moon with the new set-up, claiming there are several benefits.
She told the Potters Bar Edition: “We are absolutely delighted with our new home.
“We have a nice new outdoor play area with sand which the children can play in compared to a patio area at the community centre where sometimes we would find broken glass and the maintenance here is great, there is always someone cutting the grass, keeping the place looking nice and it makes for a nice environment.
“The room we use here is slightly smaller but the place as a whole is miles better, the location, facilities and parking is all wonderful.
“We have to put a fence up and down each day to block the site off outside and one day we are hoping the council will put up a permanent fence for us.”
Mum-of-two Linda also insists another benefit at the pre-school’s new premises is that she feels security is safer.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 7 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 8 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 9 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
- 10 Brain tumour patient models designer hat for Platinum Jubilee celebrations
She continued: “At the youth centre there would be a lot of unwanted visitors coming in and out.
“Of course they all might have been innocent people but you never know.
“At one stage there were workers decorating the building I later found out were young offenders, so knowing we have this place all to ourselves is a greater peace of mind.
“We have sent out questionnaires to all parents about our new site and the response has been totally positive.”
With the school summer holidays now upon us the pre-school is offering a holiday club.
n Anyone interested in either the club or pre-school in general should contact Linda on 07508 707155 or visit its new base at Cuffley FC on Northaw Road East.