Hertfordshire Police hold road safety event in Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield based police held a road safety event at the Galleria Shopping Centre in Hatfield to highlight the dangers of driving.
The event on October 11 was supported by colleagues in the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit (RPU), the Herts Fire & Rescue Service, and Ford UK.
They spoke to shoppers about road safety, and the effects of antisocial driving which some young people can be drawn into.
To drill home the message there was also a Ford Focus which had been modified into a simulator, which powerfully brought home effects of a collision using specially-created hydraulics, smoke, and light systems.
Fire services were also on hand to explain some of the techniques they use to free drivers after a serious collision.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Robert Gurney, from the Hertsmere and Welwyn Hatfield community safety unit, said: “This was a partnership event aimed at raising awareness among young people of road safety issues and in particular the effects that antisocial driving can have on communities and other road users.
“It was a great location because of the sheer number of visitors that the shopping centre service station receives, and both the crash car and the fire appliance drew a lot of interest.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 5 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station