Having a Wilde time at Welwyn Garden City school fete
- Credit: Archant
SINGER Kim Wilde made a surprise appearance in Welwyn Garden City to open a school fete.
The Kids in America star, from Codicote, appeared at Harwood Hill JMI and Nursery School, in Harwood Close, after flying back from a gig in Berlin.
Headteacher Phillip Gray said: “She landed, she tweeted and she came to us. In that order. She was fantastic.”
According to Mr Gray, the school had the highest amount of visitors turn up in more than five years.
“It was a great day,” Mr Gray added. “We try to make it more traditional, lots of family friendly stalls and nothing too expensive.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisers managed to raise around £2,000 to go back to the school.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked