Having a Wilde time at Welwyn Garden City school fete
- Credit: Archant
SINGER Kim Wilde made a surprise appearance in Welwyn Garden City to open a school fete.
The Kids in America star, from Codicote, appeared at Harwood Hill JMI and Nursery School, in Harwood Close, after flying back from a gig in Berlin.
Headteacher Phillip Gray said: “She landed, she tweeted and she came to us. In that order. She was fantastic.”
According to Mr Gray, the school had the highest amount of visitors turn up in more than five years.
“It was a great day,” Mr Gray added. “We try to make it more traditional, lots of family friendly stalls and nothing too expensive.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisers managed to raise around £2,000 to go back to the school.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?