Having a Wilde time at Welwyn Garden City school fete
- Credit: Archant
SINGER Kim Wilde made a surprise appearance in Welwyn Garden City to open a school fete.
The Kids in America star, from Codicote, appeared at Harwood Hill JMI and Nursery School, in Harwood Close, after flying back from a gig in Berlin.
Headteacher Phillip Gray said: “She landed, she tweeted and she came to us. In that order. She was fantastic.”
According to Mr Gray, the school had the highest amount of visitors turn up in more than five years.
“It was a great day,” Mr Gray added. “We try to make it more traditional, lots of family friendly stalls and nothing too expensive.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisers managed to raise around £2,000 to go back to the school.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn