Hatfield youngsters soak up food wastage workshop
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Hatfield primary school took part in a workshop designed to tackle food wastage.
Online-only supermarket Ocado has launched a nationwide project with Little Inventors which will see youngsters creating ingenious inventions to combat the problem.
Howe Dell School was hand-picked to take part in an interactive workshop with Little Inventors’ chief inventor Dominic Wilcox.
The children were shown some of his food waste inventions to get their creative juices flowing before they came up with their own ideas to help avoid throwing food away.
The winner will be decided later this month and will see their invention drawn into reality by the summer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wilcox said: “Children have amazing imaginations and their ideas should be taken seriously – they’re the biggest group of naturally creative people and I know some excellent ideas will be revealed.”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'