Hatfield youngsters soak up food wastage workshop
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Hatfield primary school took part in a workshop designed to tackle food wastage.
Online-only supermarket Ocado has launched a nationwide project with Little Inventors which will see youngsters creating ingenious inventions to combat the problem.
Howe Dell School was hand-picked to take part in an interactive workshop with Little Inventors’ chief inventor Dominic Wilcox.
The children were shown some of his food waste inventions to get their creative juices flowing before they came up with their own ideas to help avoid throwing food away.
The winner will be decided later this month and will see their invention drawn into reality by the summer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wilcox said: “Children have amazing imaginations and their ideas should be taken seriously – they’re the biggest group of naturally creative people and I know some excellent ideas will be revealed.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Hatfield United up and running in Herts County League cup after defeat of Hertford Heath