Hatfield youngsters soak up food wastage workshop
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Hatfield primary school took part in a workshop designed to tackle food wastage.
Online-only supermarket Ocado has launched a nationwide project with Little Inventors which will see youngsters creating ingenious inventions to combat the problem.
Howe Dell School was hand-picked to take part in an interactive workshop with Little Inventors’ chief inventor Dominic Wilcox.
The children were shown some of his food waste inventions to get their creative juices flowing before they came up with their own ideas to help avoid throwing food away.
The winner will be decided later this month and will see their invention drawn into reality by the summer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wilcox said: “Children have amazing imaginations and their ideas should be taken seriously – they’re the biggest group of naturally creative people and I know some excellent ideas will be revealed.”
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 9 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone