Hatfield youngsters soak up food wastage workshop
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Hatfield primary school took part in a workshop designed to tackle food wastage.
Online-only supermarket Ocado has launched a nationwide project with Little Inventors which will see youngsters creating ingenious inventions to combat the problem.
Howe Dell School was hand-picked to take part in an interactive workshop with Little Inventors’ chief inventor Dominic Wilcox.
The children were shown some of his food waste inventions to get their creative juices flowing before they came up with their own ideas to help avoid throwing food away.
The winner will be decided later this month and will see their invention drawn into reality by the summer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wilcox said: “Children have amazing imaginations and their ideas should be taken seriously – they’re the biggest group of naturally creative people and I know some excellent ideas will be revealed.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022