Hatfield youngsters soak up food wastage workshop
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a Hatfield primary school took part in a workshop designed to tackle food wastage.
Online-only supermarket Ocado has launched a nationwide project with Little Inventors which will see youngsters creating ingenious inventions to combat the problem.
Howe Dell School was hand-picked to take part in an interactive workshop with Little Inventors’ chief inventor Dominic Wilcox.
The children were shown some of his food waste inventions to get their creative juices flowing before they came up with their own ideas to help avoid throwing food away.
The winner will be decided later this month and will see their invention drawn into reality by the summer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Wilcox said: “Children have amazing imaginations and their ideas should be taken seriously – they’re the biggest group of naturally creative people and I know some excellent ideas will be revealed.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes