Hatfield university fields thousands of clearing calls
A TOTAL of 16,500 calls were fielded by the University of Hertfordshire last Thursday, as would-be students sought course places and further advice through clearing.
A team of 50 networkers were on hand at the Hatfield-based uni, taking on initial enquiries from people who had not quite got the grades they wanted.
Calls were then passed to a team of 100 academic and professional colleagues, who made formal place offers.
While thousands have to go through clearing each year, the situation this time took on much more significance, due to the planned hike in uni fees coming in next year.
A uni spokeswoman said: “We entered into clearing as part of our strategy to recruit high quality students and widen participation in higher education.
You may also want to watch:
“The available opportunities this year were in business, computing, engineering, maths, physics, bioscience, geography, pharmacy, psychology, nursing law and creative arts courses.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk