Hatfield students skip to fitness
STUDENTS at a school in Hatfield were jumping for joy during a recent fitness event.
Birchwood Avenue Primary School welcomed former boxer-turned-fitness instructor John McCormack, managing director of Skip 2B Fit, a company aiming to cut obesity rates in children through skipping.
Using Skip 2B Fit’s specially designed ropes, which count the number of skips accomplished, the students set personal records and attempted to beat them.
Deputy headteacher Liz Griffin said: “The children all had a fabulous day skipping with John from Skip 2B Fit.
“Every child managed to beat their own personal skipping record, proving that at Birchwood, nothing is impossible.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Skip 2B Fit, visit www.skip2Bfit.com
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn