Hatfield students skip to fitness
STUDENTS at a school in Hatfield were jumping for joy during a recent fitness event.
Birchwood Avenue Primary School welcomed former boxer-turned-fitness instructor John McCormack, managing director of Skip 2B Fit, a company aiming to cut obesity rates in children through skipping.
Using Skip 2B Fit’s specially designed ropes, which count the number of skips accomplished, the students set personal records and attempted to beat them.
Deputy headteacher Liz Griffin said: “The children all had a fabulous day skipping with John from Skip 2B Fit.
“Every child managed to beat their own personal skipping record, proving that at Birchwood, nothing is impossible.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Skip 2B Fit, visit www.skip2Bfit.com
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?