Hatfield students skip to fitness
STUDENTS at a school in Hatfield were jumping for joy during a recent fitness event.
Birchwood Avenue Primary School welcomed former boxer-turned-fitness instructor John McCormack, managing director of Skip 2B Fit, a company aiming to cut obesity rates in children through skipping.
Using Skip 2B Fit’s specially designed ropes, which count the number of skips accomplished, the students set personal records and attempted to beat them.
Deputy headteacher Liz Griffin said: “The children all had a fabulous day skipping with John from Skip 2B Fit.
“Every child managed to beat their own personal skipping record, proving that at Birchwood, nothing is impossible.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Skip 2B Fit, visit www.skip2Bfit.com
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist