Hatfield students reveal their latest racing car
- Credit: Pete Stevens - CreativeEmpathy.com
Engineering students at Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire have unveiled a racing car they have designed to challenge the world.
The University of Hertfordshire enlisted racing driver and television presenter Vicki Butler-Henderson to launch its latest car, known as UH20.
The university has competed in the international Formula Student event since 1998, and claims to be the most successful in the race series ever.
At Wednesday’s launch, Vicki Butler-Henderson said: “The design and the hard work that has gone into developing the car is incredibly impressive and I’d love to return at some point in the future to give it a test run.
“It is fantastic to see the dedication of these young engineers and I have great admiration for them all.
You may also want to watch:
“Motorsport is a hugely competitive industry, but these talented young people are already taking great strides towards become the next generation of world-class engineers. I wish them all the very best for their future careers.”
Final year student Tariq Willis said: “Our team members have been working tirelessly to produce an even more efficient and advanced design, to top previous cars, and we are delighted with the result, as this design does show great progress.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 6 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
“We hope UH20 will lead us to victory this year, as we head out to compete internationally against other top Formula Student teams.”
The new car features improvements such as direct damping suspension, custom-designed brake callipers and better aerodynamics .
In coming months, it will be raced against other student-designed cars from across the world, in locations such as Silverstone and the Czech Republic.