Hatfield school set to expand
A PRIMARY school in Hatfield has been given the green light to expand.
Green Lanes Primary School in Hatfield Garden Village will be able to accommodate an extra 15 new reception age pupils a year from September.
The �1.5m expansion will include three permanent classrooms and a multi-activity area which can be used for small group teaching.
A landscaping scheme will screen the new buildings.
Cllr Richard Thake, executive member for education, said demand for primary school places was increasing across the county.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Hertfordshire County Council works hard to provide primary school places where they are needed.
“It is important our schools are responsive to the changing circumstances in their local areas.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
He added it was always anticipated the school’s capacity would increase when new housing developments in the surrounding area generated additional demand.