Hatfield school Onslow St Audrey achieve best-ever results
Onslow St Audrey s School in Hatfield has achieved its best results ever. Headteacher Paul Meredith said he was delighted with this year s superb A-level results as 71 per cent achieved A
Onslow St Audrey's School in Hatfield has achieved its best results ever.
Headteacher Paul Meredith said he was delighted with this year's superb A-level results as 71 per cent achieved A to C grades and 40 per cent A and B.
He said: "These are the best results we have ever had and build on last year's record breaking A-level results.
"All students who applied to university have secured their places, including one young man who is going to Cambridge to read Engineering.
You may also want to watch:
"Despite the negative comments in the national press about A-level standards, our students should be congratulated for their hard work over the last two years.
"This week we are hearing about world records being broken in swimming in the Beijing Olympics, but no one suggests that the 50 metre pool is now only 45 metres. "Some commentators claim that A-level standards are lower now than in previous years: this is nonsense.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
"I want to congratulate our students and teachers on their successes.