Hatfield school Onslow St Audrey achieve best-ever results
Onslow St Audrey s School in Hatfield has achieved its best results ever. Headteacher Paul Meredith said he was delighted with this year s superb A-level results as 71 per cent achieved A
Onslow St Audrey's School in Hatfield has achieved its best results ever.
Headteacher Paul Meredith said he was delighted with this year's superb A-level results as 71 per cent achieved A to C grades and 40 per cent A and B.
He said: "These are the best results we have ever had and build on last year's record breaking A-level results.
"All students who applied to university have secured their places, including one young man who is going to Cambridge to read Engineering.
You may also want to watch:
"Despite the negative comments in the national press about A-level standards, our students should be congratulated for their hard work over the last two years.
"This week we are hearing about world records being broken in swimming in the Beijing Olympics, but no one suggests that the 50 metre pool is now only 45 metres. "Some commentators claim that A-level standards are lower now than in previous years: this is nonsense.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
"I want to congratulate our students and teachers on their successes.