Hatfield school Onslow St Audrey achieve best-ever results
Onslow St Audrey s School in Hatfield has achieved its best results ever. Headteacher Paul Meredith said he was delighted with this year s superb A-level results as 71 per cent achieved A
Onslow St Audrey's School in Hatfield has achieved its best results ever.
Headteacher Paul Meredith said he was delighted with this year's superb A-level results as 71 per cent achieved A to C grades and 40 per cent A and B.
He said: "These are the best results we have ever had and build on last year's record breaking A-level results.
"All students who applied to university have secured their places, including one young man who is going to Cambridge to read Engineering.
"Despite the negative comments in the national press about A-level standards, our students should be congratulated for their hard work over the last two years.
"This week we are hearing about world records being broken in swimming in the Beijing Olympics, but no one suggests that the 50 metre pool is now only 45 metres. "Some commentators claim that A-level standards are lower now than in previous years: this is nonsense.
- 1 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 2 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
- 3 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 6 Autism wellbeing event coming to Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Village off-licence at risk from plans for rival outlet
- 8 New safety signage installed at Stanborough Lakes
- 9 Nissan rolled in three-vehicle crash on M25
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield tops tenant complaint figures for east of England
"I want to congratulate our students and teachers on their successes.