Hatfield school benefits as pupils remember Mother’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield schoolchildren got into the spirit of Mothering Sunday by buying gifts in a sale to raise funds for their school.
The parent teacher association at Hatfield Community Free School in Briars Lane organised a sale on Friday, offering children the chance to show their appreciation of their mothers.
Organiser Melissa Moss of Martin Close, whose eight-year-old daughter Teagan attends the school, said: “It went really smoothly.
“This is the second time the parents have run a sale.”
The children bought presents such as candle holders, plaques with affectionate messages, chocolates, and flowers.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to the money raised, the association will be able to provide blazers to all pupils in Year Five.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 9 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 10 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon