Hatfield school benefits as pupils remember Mother’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield schoolchildren got into the spirit of Mothering Sunday by buying gifts in a sale to raise funds for their school.
The parent teacher association at Hatfield Community Free School in Briars Lane organised a sale on Friday, offering children the chance to show their appreciation of their mothers.
Organiser Melissa Moss of Martin Close, whose eight-year-old daughter Teagan attends the school, said: “It went really smoothly.
“This is the second time the parents have run a sale.”
The children bought presents such as candle holders, plaques with affectionate messages, chocolates, and flowers.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to the money raised, the association will be able to provide blazers to all pupils in Year Five.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire