Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire ranked in top 2.1% worldwide
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire has been ranked in the top 2.1 per cent of degree-granting institutions of higher education by the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR).
It was placed 575 out of over 27,000 institutions worldwide and was ranked 42nd in the UK in this year’s CWUR World University Rankings.
The CWUR rankings is the largest academic ranking of global universities, and involved assessing institutions’ training and education of students, prestige of faculty members and quality of research.
The University of Hertfordshire was also ranked in the top two per cent for Quality of Education, which considers several areas including achievements of the alumni.
Professor Quintin McKellar, vice chancellor at the University of Hertfordshire, said: “This is an outstanding achievement and well deserved recognition of the University as a global player.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m particularly pleased to see acknowledgment of the achievements of our alumni, impact of our research and quality of our academics.
“This ranking is testament to everyone at Hertfordshire who has worked tirelessly to distinguish ourselves internationally.”
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
- 10 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced