Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire ranked in top 2.1% worldwide
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire has been ranked in the top 2.1 per cent of degree-granting institutions of higher education by the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR).
It was placed 575 out of over 27,000 institutions worldwide and was ranked 42nd in the UK in this year’s CWUR World University Rankings.
The CWUR rankings is the largest academic ranking of global universities, and involved assessing institutions’ training and education of students, prestige of faculty members and quality of research.
The University of Hertfordshire was also ranked in the top two per cent for Quality of Education, which considers several areas including achievements of the alumni.
Professor Quintin McKellar, vice chancellor at the University of Hertfordshire, said: “This is an outstanding achievement and well deserved recognition of the University as a global player.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m particularly pleased to see acknowledgment of the achievements of our alumni, impact of our research and quality of our academics.
“This ranking is testament to everyone at Hertfordshire who has worked tirelessly to distinguish ourselves internationally.”
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire