Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire ranked in top 2.1% worldwide
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire has been ranked in the top 2.1 per cent of degree-granting institutions of higher education by the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR).
It was placed 575 out of over 27,000 institutions worldwide and was ranked 42nd in the UK in this year’s CWUR World University Rankings.
The CWUR rankings is the largest academic ranking of global universities, and involved assessing institutions’ training and education of students, prestige of faculty members and quality of research.
The University of Hertfordshire was also ranked in the top two per cent for Quality of Education, which considers several areas including achievements of the alumni.
Professor Quintin McKellar, vice chancellor at the University of Hertfordshire, said: “This is an outstanding achievement and well deserved recognition of the University as a global player.
“I’m particularly pleased to see acknowledgment of the achievements of our alumni, impact of our research and quality of our academics.
“This ranking is testament to everyone at Hertfordshire who has worked tirelessly to distinguish ourselves internationally.”
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 4 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 5 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 10 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting