Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire ranked in top 2.1% worldwide
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire has been ranked in the top 2.1 per cent of degree-granting institutions of higher education by the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR).
It was placed 575 out of over 27,000 institutions worldwide and was ranked 42nd in the UK in this year’s CWUR World University Rankings.
The CWUR rankings is the largest academic ranking of global universities, and involved assessing institutions’ training and education of students, prestige of faculty members and quality of research.
The University of Hertfordshire was also ranked in the top two per cent for Quality of Education, which considers several areas including achievements of the alumni.
Professor Quintin McKellar, vice chancellor at the University of Hertfordshire, said: “This is an outstanding achievement and well deserved recognition of the University as a global player.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m particularly pleased to see acknowledgment of the achievements of our alumni, impact of our research and quality of our academics.
“This ranking is testament to everyone at Hertfordshire who has worked tirelessly to distinguish ourselves internationally.”
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College