Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire ranked in top 2.1% worldwide
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire has been ranked in the top 2.1 per cent of degree-granting institutions of higher education by the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR).
It was placed 575 out of over 27,000 institutions worldwide and was ranked 42nd in the UK in this year’s CWUR World University Rankings.
The CWUR rankings is the largest academic ranking of global universities, and involved assessing institutions’ training and education of students, prestige of faculty members and quality of research.
The University of Hertfordshire was also ranked in the top two per cent for Quality of Education, which considers several areas including achievements of the alumni.
Professor Quintin McKellar, vice chancellor at the University of Hertfordshire, said: “This is an outstanding achievement and well deserved recognition of the University as a global player.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m particularly pleased to see acknowledgment of the achievements of our alumni, impact of our research and quality of our academics.
“This ranking is testament to everyone at Hertfordshire who has worked tirelessly to distinguish ourselves internationally.”
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022