Hatfield pupils think outside the box
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Howe Dell School in Hatfield took part in a ‘think outside the box’ week, to learn how to stimulate writing from multi-sensory experiences.
Educational entertainers Science Boffins visited the school for assemblies and workshops, which included teaching the children how to make their own Slush Puppies using dry ice.
One of the Boffins showed the children ‘exploding elephant’s toothpaste’, telling a story about a friend of his looking after elephants at London Zoo, mixing chemicals together and watching them fizz and grow.
There were also workshops with a Stomp dancer, a giant egg challenge and a puppeteer for the youngest pupils.
Headteacher Debra Massey said:“No themed week is complete at Howe Dell without a dress up event.
“This time it was entitled ‘When I grow up, I want to be...’ and, much to our amusement, many staff came in dressed as elderly versions of themselves, declaring they wanted to retire.
“Costumes were imaginative and prompted a huge amount of writing in different genres, ranging from poetry to letters and story telling.
- 1 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 2 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 3 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 6 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Met Police officer denies sexually assaulting male colleague
- 10 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
“Our wonderful PSA subsidised the event with £500 to make it viable.”