Hatfield pupils think outside the box
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Howe Dell School in Hatfield took part in a ‘think outside the box’ week, to learn how to stimulate writing from multi-sensory experiences.
Educational entertainers Science Boffins visited the school for assemblies and workshops, which included teaching the children how to make their own Slush Puppies using dry ice.
One of the Boffins showed the children ‘exploding elephant’s toothpaste’, telling a story about a friend of his looking after elephants at London Zoo, mixing chemicals together and watching them fizz and grow.
There were also workshops with a Stomp dancer, a giant egg challenge and a puppeteer for the youngest pupils.
Headteacher Debra Massey said:“No themed week is complete at Howe Dell without a dress up event.
You may also want to watch:
“This time it was entitled ‘When I grow up, I want to be...’ and, much to our amusement, many staff came in dressed as elderly versions of themselves, declaring they wanted to retire.
“Costumes were imaginative and prompted a huge amount of writing in different genres, ranging from poetry to letters and story telling.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 4 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
“Our wonderful PSA subsidised the event with £500 to make it viable.”