Hatfield professor joins London mayor Sadiq Khan’s film studio project
- Credit: Archant
A professor at Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire has been chosen by the mayor of London to help guide a project for a new film studio in the capital.
Professor Richard Miller, who lectures in film and creative economy and heads the university’s Creative Economy Research Centre, will act as a consultant on the plan for a studio in Dagenham, announced by Sadiq Khan this week.
He said: “We are pleased that the research centre is continuing its work in creative industries and the creative economy - applying academic rigour to real world issues, and making an impact for the university’s research.
“This is a very important assignment for the most dynamic sector of the UK’s economy, and we are delighted that the University of Hertfordshire is part of it.”
Mr Khan said: “From upcoming films Star Wars: The Last Jedi and The Mummy to the recent successes of Bridget Jones’ Baby and Brotherhood, the capital’s film industry is currently enjoying record investment and I’m committed to making sure that it continues to flourish, making London the best, most inviting place for film production in the world.
You may also want to watch:
“In order to achieve this, we need to ensure we continue to attract the brightest, most diverse creative talent to London and we need to invest in the kind of physical infrastructure that will ensure our city remains competitive on the global stage.”
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire