Hatfield professor joins London mayor Sadiq Khan’s film studio project
- Credit: Archant
A professor at Hatfield’s University of Hertfordshire has been chosen by the mayor of London to help guide a project for a new film studio in the capital.
Professor Richard Miller, who lectures in film and creative economy and heads the university’s Creative Economy Research Centre, will act as a consultant on the plan for a studio in Dagenham, announced by Sadiq Khan this week.
He said: “We are pleased that the research centre is continuing its work in creative industries and the creative economy - applying academic rigour to real world issues, and making an impact for the university’s research.
“This is a very important assignment for the most dynamic sector of the UK’s economy, and we are delighted that the University of Hertfordshire is part of it.”
Mr Khan said: “From upcoming films Star Wars: The Last Jedi and The Mummy to the recent successes of Bridget Jones’ Baby and Brotherhood, the capital’s film industry is currently enjoying record investment and I’m committed to making sure that it continues to flourish, making London the best, most inviting place for film production in the world.
You may also want to watch:
“In order to achieve this, we need to ensure we continue to attract the brightest, most diverse creative talent to London and we need to invest in the kind of physical infrastructure that will ensure our city remains competitive on the global stage.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!