Hatfield pre-school pupils enjoy graduation day
- Credit: Archant
Four to five-year-olds who left nursery to start school in September said goodbye with a special graduation ceremony.
The 21 children graduated from Bright Comets Day Nursery in Hatfield on Friday, July 22.
The ceremony took place in front of all the parents, and the children performed a poem and sang a song. Each child received a certificate, a phonics book and a pencil case to take with them to school.
Kirsty Holmes, manager of the nursery, said: “They had photos and a magician came out and they had a magic show.
“There was a bunny rabbit and balloon modelling. It was just a really nice day.
You may also want to watch:
“All the parents turned up, it was very smooth this year. It was a lovely day.”
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 9 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 10 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average