Hatfield headteacher at centre of probe resigns
A HEADTEACHER has resigned from a school following an investigation into her professional conduct.
Samantha Eckland and year six teacher Lindsey White have been under investigation by Birchwood Avenue Primary School’s governing body and Hertfordshire County Council since March.
In a letter to parents seen by the Welwyn Hatfield Times, chair of governors Kate Wright this week told parents Mrs Eckland would not be returning to the school.
Mrs Wright said: “Mrs Eckland felt this action would help bring to a close the uncertainty for all concerned with the investigation.”
She added: “With regards to Lindsey White I still have no further news to give you, but as soon as there are any developments I will of course let you know.”
You may also want to watch:
Martin Tuck will continue as executive headteacher until the end of summer term while a permanent replacement is sought.
When approached by the Welwyn Hatfield Times back in March, Mrs Wright confirmed the investigation was not a child protection issue.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 5 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
A county council spokeswoman said: “We can confirm that for personal reasons the headteacher of Birchwood Avenue Primary School has resigned her position.”