Hatfield headteacher at centre of probe resigns
A HEADTEACHER has resigned from a school following an investigation into her professional conduct.
Samantha Eckland and year six teacher Lindsey White have been under investigation by Birchwood Avenue Primary School’s governing body and Hertfordshire County Council since March.
In a letter to parents seen by the Welwyn Hatfield Times, chair of governors Kate Wright this week told parents Mrs Eckland would not be returning to the school.
Mrs Wright said: “Mrs Eckland felt this action would help bring to a close the uncertainty for all concerned with the investigation.”
She added: “With regards to Lindsey White I still have no further news to give you, but as soon as there are any developments I will of course let you know.”
You may also want to watch:
Martin Tuck will continue as executive headteacher until the end of summer term while a permanent replacement is sought.
When approached by the Welwyn Hatfield Times back in March, Mrs Wright confirmed the investigation was not a child protection issue.
- 1 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Brookmans Park pub reopens with more outdoor space for eating and drinking
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
A county council spokeswoman said: “We can confirm that for personal reasons the headteacher of Birchwood Avenue Primary School has resigned her position.”