Hatfield educational unit on the move
AN education centre could be moving from New Barnfield, ahead of a decision on whether or not the land will become home to a new �200m incinerator.
Hertfordshire County Council is proposing to relocate The Park Education Support Centre (ESC), which provides mainstream education for pupils in years seven, eight and nine who have either been excluded or are at risk of exclusion, to a former primary school site in Potters Bar.
The move is part of the relocation of all services at the Travellers Lane site, which has been shortlisted as one of two possible locations for the construction of a Energy from Waste facility. A decision on the location of the incinerator will be made next year.
A public consultation on The Park ESC runs until Friday, January 15.
Comments must be received by that date.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, call 0300 123 4043 or click on the link above.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man