Hatfield educational unit on the move
AN education centre could be moving from New Barnfield, ahead of a decision on whether or not the land will become home to a new �200m incinerator.
Hertfordshire County Council is proposing to relocate The Park Education Support Centre (ESC), which provides mainstream education for pupils in years seven, eight and nine who have either been excluded or are at risk of exclusion, to a former primary school site in Potters Bar.
The move is part of the relocation of all services at the Travellers Lane site, which has been shortlisted as one of two possible locations for the construction of a Energy from Waste facility. A decision on the location of the incinerator will be made next year.
A public consultation on The Park ESC runs until Friday, January 15.
Comments must be received by that date.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, call 0300 123 4043 or click on the link above.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist