Hatfield educational unit on the move
AN education centre could be moving from New Barnfield, ahead of a decision on whether or not the land will become home to a new �200m incinerator.
Hertfordshire County Council is proposing to relocate The Park Education Support Centre (ESC), which provides mainstream education for pupils in years seven, eight and nine who have either been excluded or are at risk of exclusion, to a former primary school site in Potters Bar.
The move is part of the relocation of all services at the Travellers Lane site, which has been shortlisted as one of two possible locations for the construction of a Energy from Waste facility. A decision on the location of the incinerator will be made next year.
A public consultation on The Park ESC runs until Friday, January 15.
Comments must be received by that date.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, call 0300 123 4043 or click on the link above.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 3 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth