Hatfield educational unit on the move
AN education centre could be moving from New Barnfield, ahead of a decision on whether or not the land will become home to a new �200m incinerator.
Hertfordshire County Council is proposing to relocate The Park Education Support Centre (ESC), which provides mainstream education for pupils in years seven, eight and nine who have either been excluded or are at risk of exclusion, to a former primary school site in Potters Bar.
The move is part of the relocation of all services at the Travellers Lane site, which has been shortlisted as one of two possible locations for the construction of a Energy from Waste facility. A decision on the location of the incinerator will be made next year.
A public consultation on The Park ESC runs until Friday, January 15.
Comments must be received by that date.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, call 0300 123 4043 or click on the link above.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school