Hatfield-based University of Hertfordshire is ranked among the best in the world
THE University of Hertfordshire is one of the top universities in the world according to a global authority on Higher Education.
According to the latest Times Higher Education, World University Rankings out of all the universities on the planet the University of Hertfordshire ranks in the top four per cent, above Loughborough, Aston and Strathclyde.
The rankings, compiled by the Times Higher Education magazine are based on excellence across teaching, research, citations, industry income and international outlook.
Tim Longden director of marketing, at the Hatfield-based uni said: “We are immensely proud to be rated so highly among the 18,000 universities around the World.
“This is an exceptional performance which is a tribute to the dedication and the huge support from staff, students and alumni.”
You may also want to watch:
Out of the Country’s newer universities, Hertfordshire ranks in the top 3 worldwide making it the only new university in 19 years to have appeared in 2 world rankings.
The Times Higher World University Rankings 2011-12 is an annual ranking for universities across the globe.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
This year, universities in the UK ranked second in the world overall.