Hatfield-based University of Hertfordshire is ranked among the best in the world
THE University of Hertfordshire is one of the top universities in the world according to a global authority on Higher Education.
According to the latest Times Higher Education, World University Rankings out of all the universities on the planet the University of Hertfordshire ranks in the top four per cent, above Loughborough, Aston and Strathclyde.
The rankings, compiled by the Times Higher Education magazine are based on excellence across teaching, research, citations, industry income and international outlook.
Tim Longden director of marketing, at the Hatfield-based uni said: “We are immensely proud to be rated so highly among the 18,000 universities around the World.
“This is an exceptional performance which is a tribute to the dedication and the huge support from staff, students and alumni.”
You may also want to watch:
Out of the Country’s newer universities, Hertfordshire ranks in the top 3 worldwide making it the only new university in 19 years to have appeared in 2 world rankings.
The Times Higher World University Rankings 2011-12 is an annual ranking for universities across the globe.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
This year, universities in the UK ranked second in the world overall.