Hatfield-based University of Hertfordshire is ranked among the best in the world
THE University of Hertfordshire is one of the top universities in the world according to a global authority on Higher Education.
According to the latest Times Higher Education, World University Rankings out of all the universities on the planet the University of Hertfordshire ranks in the top four per cent, above Loughborough, Aston and Strathclyde.
The rankings, compiled by the Times Higher Education magazine are based on excellence across teaching, research, citations, industry income and international outlook.
Tim Longden director of marketing, at the Hatfield-based uni said: “We are immensely proud to be rated so highly among the 18,000 universities around the World.
“This is an exceptional performance which is a tribute to the dedication and the huge support from staff, students and alumni.”
You may also want to watch:
Out of the Country’s newer universities, Hertfordshire ranks in the top 3 worldwide making it the only new university in 19 years to have appeared in 2 world rankings.
The Times Higher World University Rankings 2011-12 is an annual ranking for universities across the globe.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
This year, universities in the UK ranked second in the world overall.