Rudolf shows up at school for Christmas treat
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren in WGC have had a special Christmas treat in the form of reindeers.
Pupils at Harwood Hill Junior Mixed Infant and Nursery School were very excited to receive an unexpected visit from Santa’s reindeer.
Dancer and Prancer, who live at The Reindeer Centre, in Bethersden, Kent arrived at the school on Harwood Close this week.
The children then spent the day with the reindeers and fed them carrots.
Along with making wishes for Christmas using the ‘magic antler’.
Harwood Hill headteacher Yvette Page said: “It was a wonderful treat for the children at the end of a challenging term.”
The school has been complying with COVID-19 guidelines and the day was organised with social distancing in mind.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 7 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 10 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
And it also participated in a socially distanced act of Remembrance last month and made a River of Poppies.