Rudolf shows up at school for Christmas treat
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren in WGC have had a special Christmas treat in the form of reindeers.
Pupils at Harwood Hill Junior Mixed Infant and Nursery School were very excited to receive an unexpected visit from Santa’s reindeer.
Dancer and Prancer, who live at The Reindeer Centre, in Bethersden, Kent arrived at the school on Harwood Close this week.
The children then spent the day with the reindeers and fed them carrots.
Along with making wishes for Christmas using the ‘magic antler’.
Harwood Hill headteacher Yvette Page said: “It was a wonderful treat for the children at the end of a challenging term.”
The school has been complying with COVID-19 guidelines and the day was organised with social distancing in mind.
- 1 Primary school drops to 'inadequate' Ofsted rating five years after 'Good' score
- 2 Older woman assaulted in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 4 QEII Hospital to receive million pound investment
- 5 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 6 Where you can get a walk-in booster or vaccine this weekend
- 7 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 8 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 9 Planning inquiry to determine quarry plans for Hatfield Aerodrome closes
- 10 MP Oliver Dowden reacts to Downing Street 'party'
And it also participated in a socially distanced act of Remembrance last month and made a River of Poppies.