Rudolf shows up at school for Christmas treat
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren in WGC have had a special Christmas treat in the form of reindeers.
Pupils at Harwood Hill Junior Mixed Infant and Nursery School were very excited to receive an unexpected visit from Santa’s reindeer.
Dancer and Prancer, who live at The Reindeer Centre, in Bethersden, Kent arrived at the school on Harwood Close this week.
The children then spent the day with the reindeers and fed them carrots.
Along with making wishes for Christmas using the ‘magic antler’.
You may also want to watch:
Harwood Hill headteacher Yvette Page said: “It was a wonderful treat for the children at the end of a challenging term.”
The school has been complying with COVID-19 guidelines and the day was organised with social distancing in mind.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 3 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
And it also participated in a socially distanced act of Remembrance last month and made a River of Poppies.