Rudolf shows up at school for Christmas treat
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren in WGC have had a special Christmas treat in the form of reindeers.
Pupils at Harwood Hill Junior Mixed Infant and Nursery School were very excited to receive an unexpected visit from Santa’s reindeer.
Dancer and Prancer, who live at The Reindeer Centre, in Bethersden, Kent arrived at the school on Harwood Close this week.
The children then spent the day with the reindeers and fed them carrots.
Along with making wishes for Christmas using the ‘magic antler’.
You may also want to watch:
Harwood Hill headteacher Yvette Page said: “It was a wonderful treat for the children at the end of a challenging term.”
The school has been complying with COVID-19 guidelines and the day was organised with social distancing in mind.
- 1 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 2 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 3 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 10 Multiple fines issued to partygoers at 'dangerous' music event
And it also participated in a socially distanced act of Remembrance last month and made a River of Poppies.