Welwyn Garden City primary school in term dates mix-up
- Credit: Archant
A Welwyn Garden City primary school has apologised for not updating its website with an extra Inset day.
Parents have been scrambling to find an extra day of childcare after they learned of a teacher training day, or Inset day, on September 4 at Harwood Hill Primary School.
Some parents say they thought that Tuesday would be the first day of the new school year.
Headteacher Yvette Page told the Welwyn Hatfield Times that the Inset day had been decided on in June.
She said that the school had emailed parents, but had forgotten to update the website with the new date until this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Some parents have said they can’t find the email that updated them, and had been relying on the website.
One parent said: “We are now expected to ‘magic’ childcare for that Tuesday.”
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
“I am frustrated that schools are allowed to do this, and that the parents have to pay the price for someone else’s mistake.”
Ms Page explained: “We’re in the process of putting together a new website, which we’re very excited about, and we apologise that we overlooked updating our old website.
“We have apologised to parents.
“We sent out a communication in June and if parents didn’t receive that we will certainly look into it.”