GCSE results: Sherrardswood School, Welwyn
DELIGHTED students and teachers at a Welwyn school celebrated an outstanding set of GCSE results, with 97 per cent of pupils gaining five or more A* to C grades.
Despite the higher standards set by examination boards this year, the young people of Sherrardswood gained more good GCSE grades than ever before, with 67 per cent of grades at either A*, A or B, which compares favourably with the national A* to C figure.
Top student was Joe Gallon, who gained nine A* grades, an A and a distinction in ICT, equivalent to three grade As.
Tom Latter achieved a wonderful set of results, with seven A*s, an A, a B and a distinction in ICT.
Claudia Sayer leaves the school with an outstanding six A*s and four As, while Holly Denny walked away with an excellent four A*s, five As and two Bs.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the school’s students achieved well above expectations and were overjoyed with their results.
Headmistress Lynda Corry was thrilled with the students’ success and praised their “outstanding hard work and effort”.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
She also thanked the continued dedication and commitment of the staff, who helped the students achieve such fine results.