GCSE results: Sherrardswood School, Welwyn
DELIGHTED students and teachers at a Welwyn school celebrated an outstanding set of GCSE results, with 97 per cent of pupils gaining five or more A* to C grades.
Despite the higher standards set by examination boards this year, the young people of Sherrardswood gained more good GCSE grades than ever before, with 67 per cent of grades at either A*, A or B, which compares favourably with the national A* to C figure.
Top student was Joe Gallon, who gained nine A* grades, an A and a distinction in ICT, equivalent to three grade As.
Tom Latter achieved a wonderful set of results, with seven A*s, an A, a B and a distinction in ICT.
Claudia Sayer leaves the school with an outstanding six A*s and four As, while Holly Denny walked away with an excellent four A*s, five As and two Bs.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the school’s students achieved well above expectations and were overjoyed with their results.
Headmistress Lynda Corry was thrilled with the students’ success and praised their “outstanding hard work and effort”.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 9 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
She also thanked the continued dedication and commitment of the staff, who helped the students achieve such fine results.