GCSE results: Onslow St Audrey’s School, Hatfield
A Hatfield school has achieved its best ever results with this year’s GCSEs.
Having broken all targets set by the Local Education Authority for the fifth year in a row, headteacher Paul Meredith is singing his pupils praises.
He told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Onslow St Audrey’s School’s GCSE results this year are outstanding, with 57 per cent of students achieving five or more at A* to C with English and mathematics.
“This is yet another improvement on the previous year’s results.
“Taking English and mathematics out of the equation, 96 per cent achieved five or more grades A* to C at GCSE or the BTEC equivalent.”
You may also want to watch:
The Hatfield headteacher added: “For the fifth year in succession we have broken all targets set by the Local Authority, and these are the best results ever achieved by the school.
“Our value added score, which measures student progress from the age of 11 to 16, is likely to be one of the highest in Hertfordshire and possibly in the country.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
“These results give an excellent platform for our young people, whether they remain in the sixth-form or enter the world of work. “I send my congratulations to our students and their teachers.”