GCSE results: Onslow St Audrey’s School, Hatfield
A Hatfield school has achieved its best ever results with this year’s GCSEs.
Having broken all targets set by the Local Education Authority for the fifth year in a row, headteacher Paul Meredith is singing his pupils praises.
He told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Onslow St Audrey’s School’s GCSE results this year are outstanding, with 57 per cent of students achieving five or more at A* to C with English and mathematics.
“This is yet another improvement on the previous year’s results.
“Taking English and mathematics out of the equation, 96 per cent achieved five or more grades A* to C at GCSE or the BTEC equivalent.”
You may also want to watch:
The Hatfield headteacher added: “For the fifth year in succession we have broken all targets set by the Local Authority, and these are the best results ever achieved by the school.
“Our value added score, which measures student progress from the age of 11 to 16, is likely to be one of the highest in Hertfordshire and possibly in the country.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 10 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
“These results give an excellent platform for our young people, whether they remain in the sixth-form or enter the world of work. “I send my congratulations to our students and their teachers.”