GCSE results: Onslow St Audrey’s School, Hatfield
A Hatfield school has achieved its best ever results with this year’s GCSEs.
Having broken all targets set by the Local Education Authority for the fifth year in a row, headteacher Paul Meredith is singing his pupils praises.
He told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Onslow St Audrey’s School’s GCSE results this year are outstanding, with 57 per cent of students achieving five or more at A* to C with English and mathematics.
“This is yet another improvement on the previous year’s results.
“Taking English and mathematics out of the equation, 96 per cent achieved five or more grades A* to C at GCSE or the BTEC equivalent.”
You may also want to watch:
The Hatfield headteacher added: “For the fifth year in succession we have broken all targets set by the Local Authority, and these are the best results ever achieved by the school.
“Our value added score, which measures student progress from the age of 11 to 16, is likely to be one of the highest in Hertfordshire and possibly in the country.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
“These results give an excellent platform for our young people, whether they remain in the sixth-form or enter the world of work. “I send my congratulations to our students and their teachers.”