GCSE results: Onslow St Audrey’s School, Hatfield
A Hatfield school has achieved its best ever results with this year’s GCSEs.
Having broken all targets set by the Local Education Authority for the fifth year in a row, headteacher Paul Meredith is singing his pupils praises.
He told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “Onslow St Audrey’s School’s GCSE results this year are outstanding, with 57 per cent of students achieving five or more at A* to C with English and mathematics.
“This is yet another improvement on the previous year’s results.
“Taking English and mathematics out of the equation, 96 per cent achieved five or more grades A* to C at GCSE or the BTEC equivalent.”
The Hatfield headteacher added: “For the fifth year in succession we have broken all targets set by the Local Authority, and these are the best results ever achieved by the school.
“Our value added score, which measures student progress from the age of 11 to 16, is likely to be one of the highest in Hertfordshire and possibly in the country.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 5 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 10 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
“These results give an excellent platform for our young people, whether they remain in the sixth-form or enter the world of work. “I send my congratulations to our students and their teachers.”