GCSE results: Monk’s Walk, Welwyn Garden City
THIS year saw another impressive set of GCSE results for pupils at Monk’s Walk School.
A whopping 93 per cent of students got five or more GCSEs at grades A* to C, 62 per cent including English and maths.
This year 60 students had five or more subjects graded at A* or A and eight gained A* or A in all of their subjects.
As a specialist science college the school was “delighted” that 95 per cent of pupils gained two A* to Cs in science.
Headteacher Kate Smith said: “I am very pleased with these GCSE results which are once again testament to the hard work of the students, staff and governors of Monk’s Walk.
You may also want to watch:
“The results also reflect the dedication with which our parents support their children and the school in general.”
She added: “These results come hard on the heel of last week’s A-level results, which saw a 98 per cent pass rate at A2, with an average point score per entry of 211.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 4 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
“Results at AS were particularly pleasing with a pass rate of 94 per cent – a seven per cent increase on 2011.”