GCSE results: Monk’s Walk, Welwyn Garden City
THIS year saw another impressive set of GCSE results for pupils at Monk’s Walk School.
A whopping 93 per cent of students got five or more GCSEs at grades A* to C, 62 per cent including English and maths.
This year 60 students had five or more subjects graded at A* or A and eight gained A* or A in all of their subjects.
As a specialist science college the school was “delighted” that 95 per cent of pupils gained two A* to Cs in science.
Headteacher Kate Smith said: “I am very pleased with these GCSE results which are once again testament to the hard work of the students, staff and governors of Monk’s Walk.
You may also want to watch:
“The results also reflect the dedication with which our parents support their children and the school in general.”
She added: “These results come hard on the heel of last week’s A-level results, which saw a 98 per cent pass rate at A2, with an average point score per entry of 211.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 4 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
“Results at AS were particularly pleasing with a pass rate of 94 per cent – a seven per cent increase on 2011.”