GCSE results: Monk’s Walk, Welwyn Garden City
THIS year saw another impressive set of GCSE results for pupils at Monk’s Walk School.
A whopping 93 per cent of students got five or more GCSEs at grades A* to C, 62 per cent including English and maths.
This year 60 students had five or more subjects graded at A* or A and eight gained A* or A in all of their subjects.
As a specialist science college the school was “delighted” that 95 per cent of pupils gained two A* to Cs in science.
Headteacher Kate Smith said: “I am very pleased with these GCSE results which are once again testament to the hard work of the students, staff and governors of Monk’s Walk.
You may also want to watch:
“The results also reflect the dedication with which our parents support their children and the school in general.”
She added: “These results come hard on the heel of last week’s A-level results, which saw a 98 per cent pass rate at A2, with an average point score per entry of 211.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
“Results at AS were particularly pleasing with a pass rate of 94 per cent – a seven per cent increase on 2011.”