GCSE results: Monk’s Walk, Welwyn Garden City
THIS year saw another impressive set of GCSE results for pupils at Monk’s Walk School.
A whopping 93 per cent of students got five or more GCSEs at grades A* to C, 62 per cent including English and maths.
This year 60 students had five or more subjects graded at A* or A and eight gained A* or A in all of their subjects.
As a specialist science college the school was “delighted” that 95 per cent of pupils gained two A* to Cs in science.
Headteacher Kate Smith said: “I am very pleased with these GCSE results which are once again testament to the hard work of the students, staff and governors of Monk’s Walk.
“The results also reflect the dedication with which our parents support their children and the school in general.”
She added: “These results come hard on the heel of last week’s A-level results, which saw a 98 per cent pass rate at A2, with an average point score per entry of 211.
- 1 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 League Two sides heading to Potters Bar Town for pre-season
- 9 Man suffers leg injuries after stabbing at Queensway in Hatfield
- 10 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
“Results at AS were particularly pleasing with a pass rate of 94 per cent – a seven per cent increase on 2011.”