GCSE results: Monk’s Walk School, Welwyn Garden City
PUPILS at Monk’s Walk School, in Welwyn Garden City achieved a stellar set of GCSE results – the school’s best ever.
The record results saw 67 per cent getting A* to C in English and maths, which marks an increase of seven per cent on last year.
And 93 per cent of pupils achieved five A* to C grades in all subjects, that figure has soared by eight per cent from last year.
Acting head Geraint Edwards said: “Our GCSE results this year are excellent.
“They are by far the best that the school has ever achieved, and I am delighted for all of the students who have worked so hard and thoroughly deserve their success.
You may also want to watch:
“The GCSE results cap off an outstanding year for the school, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the staff for their professionalism, dedication and hard work in preparing the students for such a brilliant set of examination results.”
He added: “Because of the excellent results, we are expecting record numbers to stay on in the sixth-form in September, so there is a lot to do.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 3 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 4 Three taken to hospital following 'head-on' collision
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 Police disperse large group near the university
- 7 Armed police, helicopter and dogs search village after injured man taken to hospital
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
“We intend to celebrate the students’ successes then quickly get back to business to prepare for the start of the new term.”