GCSE results: Monk’s Walk School, Welwyn Garden City
PUPILS at Monk’s Walk School, in Welwyn Garden City achieved a stellar set of GCSE results – the school’s best ever.
The record results saw 67 per cent getting A* to C in English and maths, which marks an increase of seven per cent on last year.
And 93 per cent of pupils achieved five A* to C grades in all subjects, that figure has soared by eight per cent from last year.
Acting head Geraint Edwards said: “Our GCSE results this year are excellent.
“They are by far the best that the school has ever achieved, and I am delighted for all of the students who have worked so hard and thoroughly deserve their success.
You may also want to watch:
“The GCSE results cap off an outstanding year for the school, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the staff for their professionalism, dedication and hard work in preparing the students for such a brilliant set of examination results.”
He added: “Because of the excellent results, we are expecting record numbers to stay on in the sixth-form in September, so there is a lot to do.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
“We intend to celebrate the students’ successes then quickly get back to business to prepare for the start of the new term.”