GCSE results: Monk’s Walk School, Welwyn Garden City
PUPILS at Monk’s Walk School, in Welwyn Garden City achieved a stellar set of GCSE results – the school’s best ever.
The record results saw 67 per cent getting A* to C in English and maths, which marks an increase of seven per cent on last year.
And 93 per cent of pupils achieved five A* to C grades in all subjects, that figure has soared by eight per cent from last year.
Acting head Geraint Edwards said: “Our GCSE results this year are excellent.
“They are by far the best that the school has ever achieved, and I am delighted for all of the students who have worked so hard and thoroughly deserve their success.
You may also want to watch:
“The GCSE results cap off an outstanding year for the school, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the staff for their professionalism, dedication and hard work in preparing the students for such a brilliant set of examination results.”
He added: “Because of the excellent results, we are expecting record numbers to stay on in the sixth-form in September, so there is a lot to do.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
“We intend to celebrate the students’ successes then quickly get back to business to prepare for the start of the new term.”