GCSE results: Monk’s Walk School, Welwyn Garden City
PUPILS at Monk’s Walk School, in Welwyn Garden City achieved a stellar set of GCSE results – the school’s best ever.
The record results saw 67 per cent getting A* to C in English and maths, which marks an increase of seven per cent on last year.
And 93 per cent of pupils achieved five A* to C grades in all subjects, that figure has soared by eight per cent from last year.
Acting head Geraint Edwards said: “Our GCSE results this year are excellent.
“They are by far the best that the school has ever achieved, and I am delighted for all of the students who have worked so hard and thoroughly deserve their success.
You may also want to watch:
“The GCSE results cap off an outstanding year for the school, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank the staff for their professionalism, dedication and hard work in preparing the students for such a brilliant set of examination results.”
He added: “Because of the excellent results, we are expecting record numbers to stay on in the sixth-form in September, so there is a lot to do.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
“We intend to celebrate the students’ successes then quickly get back to business to prepare for the start of the new term.”