GCSE results: Chancellor’s School, Brookmans Park
PUPILS at Chancellor’s School recorded the school’s best ever GCSE results.
There were celebrations at the Brookmans Park school with 72% of students achieving five or more A* to C grades including English and maths.
There were also a notable number of A* and A grades and 39 students each secured five or more A*s or As.
There were also a number who recorded straight A* and A grades - Jodie Ward led the way with an impressive nine A*s and three As.
The results represent a 5 per cent increase on the results in 2011, which follow a 6 per cent increase from 2010.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher David Croston congratulated his students on their “outstanding achievements” and said it was “thoroughly deserved”.
He also thanked his staff for their “commitment, dedication and hard work”.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 10 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades